Dock Dogs, Where Are You? (Update)

Thread: Dock Dogs, Where Are You? (Update)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultDock Dogs, Where Are You? (Update)

OK, so Dock Dogs are at the CMA Festival this year. We read about it in the paper this morning. Kevin doesn't start his new job until Monday, so he was going to take Angus to give it a try today. Woot! Woot! I was so excited!

The newspaper and the Dock Dogs Web site said that they would be at LP Field. Kevin shot for the 3:00 slot, and got downtown about 2:00 to register early.

Because of the [insert your favorite curse word] CMA Festival, parking is a [curse word] nightmare. So, he had to park and walk across the river on the bridge to the stadium. He got there, walked all around the stadium...no Dock Dogs.

WTH?

He's calling me every 15 minutes or so, giving me an update on how he's looked here and there and everywhere and can't find them. Finally he decides to just head back. This is blocks and blocks of walking. I am starting to worry about Angus in the heat.

I guess about an hour after I first talked to Kevin, I go into my next door neighbor's office and I'm talking to her. I'm looking out her window and I say, "Is that a POOL in that parking lot down there?" We go borrow our other neighbor's telescope, and sure enough, it's a pool. With a big DOCK DOGS logo on the side.

:no: That is NOT where they said they would be.

So I called Kevin and told him I found it. I can turn my head about 20 degrees and look over my right shoulder, and there it is. :embarrass: By this time he was relatively close, so I told him to just walk over and I would meet him there with Angus' Volvo and I would take the truck (which means I now have to drive the truck home. BAH!). But Angus needed a cooler ride home than in a Vari-Kennel.

When I drove up the street I saw them, both looking totally miserable, Angus holding up first one foot, then the other. :'( I hope he didn't burn his pads. Why they would have a competition like this on pavement in the middle of a parking lot is beyond me!

Anyway. No Dock Dogs for us today. Maybe Kevin will try again tomorrow, if he gets over it. If he does, I will be sure to write a long and very detailed update! At least I know if he goes, I'll be able to go see it. I could spit on it from here.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Dock Dogs, Where Are You? (Update)

Well that stinks all that walking and then you guy's dont get to do it. Hopefully tomorrow!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I hope Angus didn't burn his feet. Poor little guy!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

That sucks!! Hopefully tomorrow!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Awww, man! Hope Angus's feeties are OK (I expect they will be), and that you have better luck tomorrow.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Sorry Connie - that sux. Hopefully Angus paws/pads are okay and that you have better luck today.

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Awww, poor Angus (and Kevin). I hope Angus' paws are feeling better now.

This made me giggle:

and I would meet him there with Angus' Volvo

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06