Where's the rest of the deer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the rest of the deer?

DefaultWhere's the rest of the deer?

Clarence took his "pack leader" (his dog walker who takes him hiking 2x per week) a nice present today on their hike---a deer leg. Not sure where the rest of it was...Ew ew ew ew ew. Gonna call her and get the gory details (pun intended). Good thing he had his shots updated a few weeks ago.... :vomit:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Where's the rest of the deer?

Several winters ago I had Nellie up at the local junior high where the kids sled when it snows. She disappeared into the bushes and came out with a deer leg.

Oh deer!

She said "leg" so I assume it wasn't just an old bone....GROSS!!!! No kisses tonight from him!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

At the big dog park I take HK to, one or more of the dogs will come back with a deer leg, some other bone we assume is deer, or stinking like hell. Happens in the fall and early winter more than other times. Some of us think hunters are field dressing their kill and dumping the remains in the park, a no hunting zone. Or the dogs are finding the result of a natural death or coyote kill.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Either way ewwwwwwwwwwww :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

joflake is offline Senior Member

A few days ago, I had the dogs in the woods for a walk and saw that Willy had something in his mouth. It was two deer toes!!! Ewwww. They were fresh too, still had the hide on them. Now how in the world would a deer lose it's toes? Coyotes? Bear? We have both. I can't think of anything else.

Tundra Aries Guest

:vomit: :vomit:

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I remember growing up on the farm, the dogs would always come home with random deer legs. I never thought twice about it, I thought it was the norm.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

BrucesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    At the big dog park I take HK to, one or more of the dogs will come back with a deer leg, some other bone we assume is deer, or stinking like hell. Happens in the fall and early winter more than other times. Some of us think hunters are field dressing their kill and dumping the remains in the park, a no hunting zone. Or the dogs are finding the result of a natural death or coyote kill.
    What hunters leave behind is a real problem here. Bruce has brought me many treats when out for a walk. The best one was a couple of weeks ago he came tearing out of the bush with a headless bunny. :vomit: :vomit:

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrucesMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    What hunters leave behind is a real problem here. Bruce has brought me many treats when out for a walk. The best one was a couple of weeks ago he came tearing out of the bush with a headless bunny. :vomit: :vomit:
    Problem is, it hasn't been hunting season here for a while and these were definately fresh toes. Plus, the hunters don't just cut off the toes. If it was deer season, I might agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast