POOOO HELP!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POOOO HELP!!

DefaultPOOOO HELP!!

So our yard is all open, we abut a farmers corn field and we have neighbors to both sides. I have been piling the poo in a area of grass were I let grow tall but my god I didn't realize how much poo one little fella produces and my wife says its becoming an eyesore due to the fact that the little square of grass is so much taller then the rest of the lawn. My question is, is there any product I can put on the poo to help it dissolve quicker?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: POOOO HELP!!

Double plastic bag it and put it in the trash.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Kibble fed dogs poop takes a very, very long time to 'dissolve'. I am not aware of a product that can speed up the process, but others might have some ideas.

As said above, your best bet is probably to get rid of it all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rye_High is offline Member

WOW!!! A little common sense goes a long way.

Yes I do realize I can toss it in the trash but I heard that there is product that you put into the ground and then add some type of product to it and it breaks it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye_High
    WOW!!! A little common sense goes a long way.
    WOW! I thought this was a site for people to ask a question and get some good responses, ideas or surgestions. When I reply I usually try to help out with my answer and not discourage the person asking the question. Thanks for your info on this subject though.

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: POOOO HELP!! Csully !

sometimes this board can be like that, try to ignore it,
    thats what I do.
    There is an enzyme product you can use, they sell it
    along with and in ground disposal type thing. I believe
    they have it at Drs Foster & Smith.
    Let me get you the link .................

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...ey%7C914575521

some of us are actually helpful on this board, stick around !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I am not sure what it is called, Doggie Dooly, or something like that. You can do a search to find it. Its basically a piece of 16 or 20 inch PVC Pipe you set in the ground, it has holes in the sides for stuff to leak out, and you add some kind of enzyme that hastened the breakdown. I believe that it is ineffective below around 45F. If you find it, you can probably just by the enzyme supply and fab up you own 'pit'.

Here:

http://www.doggiedooley.com/

Doggie Dooley Toilet - Pet Waste Disposal Systems

The all-plastic Doggie Dooley works like a miniature septic tank, utilizing enzyme and bacteria action to automatically reduce dog waste to a ground absorbing liquid. It's neat, fast, clean, sanitary, convenient, inconspicuous, odorless and insect free. Best of all it ends the annoying nuisance of burying stool or other means of disposal. Harmless to pets, lawns and shrubbery.
    INSTALLATION:

* To use simply install the Doggie Dooley in the ground, drop in waste with shovel provided, occasionally sprinkle in enzymes & water and your system is ready to work 24 hours a day to handle the waste of one to four dogs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    I am not sure what it is called, Doggie Dooly, or something like that. You can do a search to find it. Its basically a piece of 16 or 20 inch PVC Pipe you set in the ground, it has holes in the sides for stuff to leak out, and you add some kind of enzyme that hastened the breakdown. I believe that it is ineffective below around 45F. If you find it, you can probably just by the enzyme supply and fab up you own 'pit'.

Here:

http://www.doggiedooley.com/

Doggie Dooley Toilet - Pet Waste Disposal Systems

The all-plastic Doggie Dooley works like a miniature septic tank, utilizing enzyme and bacteria action to automatically reduce dog waste to a ground absorbing liquid. It's neat, fast, clean, sanitary, convenient, inconspicuous, odorless and insect free. Best of all it ends the annoying nuisance of burying stool or other means of disposal. Harmless to pets, lawns and shrubbery.
    INSTALLATION:

* To use simply install the Doggie Dooley in the ground, drop in waste with shovel provided, occasionally sprinkle in enzymes & water and your system is ready to work 24 hours a day to handle the waste of one to four dogs.
    Yes thats the one thank you so much thats what I was looking for!!

We have the doggie dooley and it's a lot to keep up for a big dog. You have to add the enzymes a few times a week and keep it moist all the time which requires you adding water to it every day. Even then the one we got couldn't keep up with the amount we were adding to it each day. It's also kind of flimsey and the lid of ours got broke so it no longer stays closed all the way which makes it even less effective.
    We've stopped using it so now we basically have a big hole filled with poop we can't do anything with really.
    I thought about trying to make our own pit that was bigger and I've heard to use a plastic trash can and cut out the bottom so the sides don't collapse then you can use the lid to keep it covered. I think the main problem with the doggie dooley was the size it wasn't big enough for the amount we were putting in it. Also our soil is sandy and drains really quickly so we had trouble keeping it wet enough for the enzymes to work.

Now we just bag it and put it in the trash it stinks but I'm not sure what else to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast