Willy was so cute last night....

Thread: Willy was so cute last night....

joflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultWilly was so cute last night....

Libby's surgery went well, the tooth came out easily, no problems. When I brought her home however, she wouldn't get out of the jeep! She was very disoriented from the anesthesia and I think she was just afraid to jump down. My husband and I had to lift her down on to the ground to walk in the house. She weighs 98 pounds, so that was not easy. (I think it's time to buy a ramp). She whined and whined and I couldn't figure out if she was in pain, had to pee, or was just hungry. My husband thought the chow hound was hungry. She wouldn't come outside and pee and I wasn't allowed to give her pain meds until this morning, since she had injections, so we made her some oatmeal. My husband was right, she thought she was starving. After that she laid down and went to sleep. Poor Willy didn't chew that special bone all day that I gave him in the morning. When she laid down, he brought it over and dropped it beside her head and laid down beside her. I thought that was so cute, he gave her his bone. Needless to say, I had to scoop it up before she decided to chew on it. She had a little bleeding around 11 PM, not much, just bloody drool, and I figured that was normal. She slept the rest of the night. She was a little sluggish this morning and I gave her a pain pill before I came to work. I expect by the time my husband gets home this afternoon, she'll be starving again. I believe the worst is over now, I really think the anesthesia is the worst part of it all, and that should be out of her system by now. Thanks for the thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Willy was so cute last night....

Sounds like she will be fine. HK has been under anesthesia twice. Spay and dental. Both times she cried through that first night. The first time we were so upset trying to figure out what was wrong and what we could do for her. Then the vets told us that some dogs just cry a lot post anesthesia for up to 24 hours until it is fully out of their system. Of course, our Drs. Daughter and Son In Law than told us a lot of humans do the same thing.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

joflake is offline Senior Member

I never knew that. We were trying to figure out what was wrong with her. I really expect her to be much better by the time I get home tonight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Glad all went well. Willy is so cute, sharing his bone and laying with her! Give that poor girl some more oatmeal later!!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Glad she's home. I'm sure she'll be even better today.

Sounds like you have really sweet dogs! Hope Libby feels better real quick!

dawn & dexter

Glad Libby is doing well. What a good boy Willy is.