What a horrible day- UPDATED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a horrible day- UPDATED

DefaultWhat a horrible day- UPDATED

Well, as some of you know Dexter has been feeling good one minute, horrible the next. It all started Saturday night. He was vomiting, had diarrhea, etc. So Sunday we kept a close eye b/c I was taking him to the vet if he showed any signs of still being ill. Nothing. So, Monday he had an easy day here with me. Slow walks more frequently, lots of water, meals broken up thru out the day instead of three big ones and he seemed on the mend. Yesterday he seemed pretty much back to normal and then this morning he was lethargic and really didnt seem himself so into the vet we went. So, he's there now for bloodwork, xrays, poop sample, etc. I cried all the way home. I know it sounds silly but I hated leaving him there alone. Its only a few hours but still...

What do you guys think (I know Im reaching here, it could be anything but....reassurance?) Maybe a virus or parasite??

Dawn & Dex

Update #1-
    Hello!

So we're back from the vet with Dexter. Its SO great to have him home. Unfortunately, we dont have any solid answers yet. We're still waiting on the blood & stool samples. He did have his x ray and that came back fine. No obstructions or anything so thats great. For tonight I guess we just wait and enjoy having him home! They did send him home with metronidazole (??) to help him with the stomach issue and also instructions to give him pepto every 12 hours for three days.

I'll update as soon as I hear more on the other tests. Thanks again for helping us out! You guys are awesome!

Dawn & Dexter

Update #2-
    Hi! The vet finally called this afternoon and let us know that she was very pleased with Dexters blood and stool test results. All came back normal except for his white blood cells being a tad high but she attributes that to the stress of being ill the last couple days. Since everything came back a-ok she is leaning towards it being a parasite that wasnt picked up in his stool this time and has perhaps has passed. She does ask that we bring him in for a weigh in a week from now and will also be calling in a couple days to check in. Dexter seems back his self today though so that really makes us happy. Its good to have the little guy back. Thanks for all the advice and encouraging words. It helped a ton!

Dawn & Dex

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What a horrible day

((((Dawn)))) I don't know what it could be, just want to reassure you that he will be fine and they'll figure out what's wrong with him. I know how you felt leaving him.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Thank you AmazonGold. I really appreciate it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I don't have any diagnostic guesses for you, just wanted to say that you definitely did the right thing by bringing him in to get it all checked out. Good thoughts to you and Mr. Dexter, hope he feels better real soon!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I had to leave Libby at the vet this morning too. It's an awful feeling. I'm sure he will be fine. He's where he needs to be right now.

Unfortunately, there are so many things it could be, I can't even begin to guess. Hope he's on the mend soon. Just know that you did the right thing. (((((hugs))))) to you and Dex. Let us know when you know, K?

Hello!

So we're back from the vet with Dexter. Its SO great to have him home. Unfortunately, we dont have any solid answers yet. We're still waiting on the blood & stool samples. He did have his x ray and that came back fine. No obstructions or anything so thats great. For tonight I guess we just wait and enjoy having him home! They did send him home with metronidazole (??) to help him with the stomach issue and also instructions to give him pepto every 12 hours for three days.

I'll update as soon as I hear more on the other tests. Thanks again for helping us out! You guys are awesome!

Dawn & Dexter

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Just wanted to say I'm sending out good thoughts for Dexter! Glad he is homing with you and getting some extra loving!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Sorry, I don't have a clue but want to say that I hope Dexter starts feeling better soon.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for Dexter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast