Moronic mailman rant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moronic mailman rant

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultMoronic mailman rant

I just got a package delivered to me and the stupidity of the people who deliver my mail amazes me.

I have two front doors, a storm door, and a regular solid wood door. Well I hear tapping on my storm door so I look outside and its the mailman with a package. I walk over and open my wooden door and HELLO! The moron has my storm door WIDE ASS OPEN. Dale is beside me and right away I yell at him because he leaps and starts barking at the mailman. He never stepped off the step but he barked very loudly right from it, very defensive. Then I look down and my gate is open too downstairs.

Thank god Molly was in her crate......why the hell are they opening my doors? You cant knock without opening the door to my home? I have 18 BEWARE OF DOG signs outside, why on earth would you open the storm door and knock, so when I open mine, you are face to face with a large annoyed dog?

Thank god Dale didnt chase him, or bite him....he wouldve chased him out the gate and got hit by a car. And Molly is still training as far as running out...thank god she was in her crate.

Ugh....Im pissed....If the idiot wouldve gotten bit, would I have been at fault? I opened the door so fast not imaginging bam we were going to be face to face with the mailman. I usually open the wooden door and then tell Dale STAY before I open the storm door and go out. We were both very surprised to say the least.

The best part was when I started yelling at the guy, Dale ran back in the house and brought the guy a bowl :embarrass:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Moronic mailman rant

Quite often, people will open a storm/screen door to knock as they are kinda flimsy and don't carry sound well - so don't find that at all unusual. I would be sure my dogs were under control before opening any of my doors - otherwise I'd ask whomever it was to wait while I got the dogs under control. Additionally - yes you would have been at fault if the mail man had gotten bitten - esp if you have beware of dog signs out - insurance views them as a red flag saying YOU KNEW YOU HAD DANGEROUS ANIMALS.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog
    Quite often, people will open a storm/screen door to knock as they are kinda flimsy and don't carry sound well - so don't find that at all unusual. I would be sure my dogs were under control before opening any of my doors - otherwise I'd ask whomever it was to wait while I got the dogs under control. Additionally - yes you would have been at fault if the mail man had gotten bitten - esp if you have beware of dog signs out - insurance views them as a red flag saying YOU KNEW YOU HAD DANGEROUS ANIMALS.
    He was under control, if he wasnt, he wouldve stepped off the step and gone out onto the porch and he didnt. Ive never had someone open my door before, he tapped on the glass of the storm door and then opened it to greet me...why?....What is my doorbell for? I dont know....its the door to my home and I dont think anyone should be opening it to enter unless its the owner. What if my dog wasnt trained and he ran out and got hit by a car? As the owner I am anticipating both my doors being the way I left them.............closed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Gee, obviously I am wrong then - I always thought as the owner I should anticipate any moves others might make - either knowingly or unwittingly - in or on my property to lower my liability and/or keep me and mine safe.

Since the mailman is oh so moronic in trying to perform his job and deliver your package(s) to the best of his ability, I'd just make sure to tell the post office that you would perfer to rent a PO box and then this kind of thing won't happen to you again!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog
    Yep. Those 18 beware of dog signs would totally fry you and Dale, I'm afraid.

As for storm doors, I myself open them to knock. Who the heck can hear a knock on a storm door?

Honestly, I'd give the mailman a break. He was just doing his job. As for him leaving the gate open, I would too if I were a mailman. You never know when you need to get out quick, and let's face it - a closed gate isn't quick. Shutting it behind you is quick though. I'm sure it's a "trick of the trade".
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

You don't have a peephole or a window in the door or something that shows who is out there? I agree with what BD said about people often opening the screen to knock on the main door. However, they should knock and then immediately close the screen door again and wait.

I am thankful for my deck. When someone is knocking at the front door, I go out to the deck with the boys and grab the package or whatever it is from there.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

JustineNYC Guest

I guess Im wrong then.

Without getting into a pissing match... 'Who the heck can hear a knock on a storm door?' Its glass, I heard it. Who can hear a knock on a solid wood door? You ever knock on solid wood? No one inside would hear that LOL There is no knocker there....I could see that being inviting to open the first door if there was a knocker.......I must be the last person with a doorbell.

Im not mad he left my gate open, Im mad I opened my door and there was a dude holding my door open. It was bad judgement IMO for a person who didnt know what type of dog I had on the other side of the door. That was my point, I guess I didnt express it clearly.....

This was the same guy who tossed my fed ex boxed mark "fragile'' up to the second landing so I reserve the right to still call him moronic.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

This was the same guy who tossed my fed ex boxed mark "fragile'' up to the second landing
    Uh yea, total moron.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

The beginning was scary but the end was funny. What kind of bowl? Full or empty?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Beaus Pete is offline Senior Member

Gee i can't imagine why the mailman delivering a package would open the door!
    <br /><br />Glitter Graphics

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast