Moronic mailman rant - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moronic mailman rant

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultRe: Moronic mailman rant

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    The beginning was scary but the end was funny. What kind of bowl? Full or empty?
    You know it was empty!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Trooper is offline Senior Member

After having a scare last week where Ranger ran out in the road with a car coming, I can sympathize with you. Glad Dale is ok, though.

The bowl part was funny.
    <br />My dog&#39;s not spoiled ... I&#39;m just well trained!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

The best part was when I started yelling at the guy, Dale ran back in the house and brought the guy a bowl
    He was offering refreshments, just forgot to fill the bowl with something.
    I wouldn't be too hard on the mailman. ' My mailman, while he doesn't always use the best judgment, has gotten bit 3 times by various dogs, none of which where Pit bulls, GS, Labs but one was a little poodle and it tore a hunk out of his calf, just for stepping up on the porch to deliver the mail. The owner was sitting on the porch and didn't say a word until after he got bit and they had to call the ambulance. Then all she said was uh, sorry, I didn't think she'd actually bite you. Why did she even take a chance?? So anyway, he was just trying to do his job and made an error in judgment. Next time he won't handle it the same way. We all have days where we 'don't think'. Maybe this was one of his days.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

You yelled at your mailman? Is it your regular guy? Good luck with future deliveries! I predict many parcels getting delivered to the house down the street.
    Sharon

imported_kelli is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustineNYC
    Im mad I opened my door and there was a dude holding my door open. It was bad judgement IMO for a person who didnt know what type of dog I had
    Sounds to me like the onus is on you to make sure your dogs are secure before you open any door, and the storm door being open is irrelevent.. for instance.. lets say we replace mail man with girl scout selling cookies and she's standing there with your storm door open waiting for you.. is she a moron too?

If having a storm door open is an issue, it is probably yours, not theirs...
    &quot;I&#39;m glad I&#39;m back too, Kel. You know your so special to me. Could not imagine my life without you in it. &quot; - Ma<br /><br />They were your words, Ma.. I wish they had been mine. I miss you.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

As the wife of the mailman guess you know who's side I'm on! Only by pure luck my husband has never been bitten. As a dog owner I also know who's responsibility it is to make sure that "anyone" coming to my door is safe to do so, storm door or not. Guess you can be glad your dog didn't jump or bite him, they carry spray for that !

IzzyLucyWillie is offline Senior Member

if it pisses you off when someone opens the storm door lock it.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustineNYC

Without getting into a pissing match... 'Who the heck can hear a knock on a storm door?' Its glass, I heard it. Who can hear a knock on a solid wood door? You ever knock on solid wood? No one inside would hear that LOL There is no knocker there....I could see that being inviting to open the first door if there was a knocker.......I must be the last person with a doorbell.

Im not mad he left my gate open, Im mad I opened my door and there was a dude holding my door open. It was bad judgement IMO for a person who didnt know what type of dog I had on the other side of the door. That was my point, I guess I didnt express it clearly.....

This was the same guy who tossed my fed ex boxed mark "fragile'' up to the second landing so I reserve the right to still call him moronic.
    Okay seriously - you think a knock on solid wood door isn't audible? It's actually louder then a knock on a storm door, providing the wooden door isn't in front of the storm door. Pissing match? Geesh, you seriously have a chip, eh? Relax and chill out.

I didn't say you were mad at him leaving the gate open - I was merely pointing out a possible reason why it was open.

In my experience with mail/delivery people delivering things, IF, there is a screen/storm door, I have always opened my door to find them holding it open - a) to pass me the package and b) for me to sign on delivery.

ILW had a good suggestion. If it's going to make you go postal everytime you get a delivery, lock the door. Problem solved. Or stop ordering stuff.

Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

SocketandKat is offline Senior Member

I was about to say the same thing..my storm door has a flipper lock that only I can open,Id consider using it if it gets you that upset
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/kasseekatemaddiemom/?action=view&amp;current=socketface.jpg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/kasseekatemaddiemom/socketface.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;Photobucket&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

Definitely lock your storm door, and nix all those beware of dogs signs. Replace them with NO SOLICITATIONS and NO TRESPASSING. We had a door-to-door salesman open our storm door and Mickey freaked. He's been weird about people coming to the door ever since, so we lock that door now. It just saves us worry in the long run.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast