Abbey's eating problem... solved, i believe!

Thread: Abbey's eating problem... solved, i believe!

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultAbbey's eating problem... solved, i believe!

So i'm sure a lot of you have read a few of my posts about Abbey being a picky eater and all of that.. after a few weeks, we found out that she's a self regulator.. She's on Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul and she eats approximately 1-2 cups of it, normally at night after her walk.. but since i've switched her to this, i've noticed that she's been VERY gassy...

She's not overweight whatsoever, but her gassiness is getting out of hand.. generally clears the room every time Shes around 50 lbs at 11 months and I'm not sure if I can switch her to adult food now.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good food that I could switch her to? There is a food store a couple of miles away that carries the Diamond brand, which I have heard from here comes very highly recommended.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JackieN is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Abbey's eating problem... solved, i believe!

Quote Originally Posted by kal3idoscope
    So i'm sure a lot of you have read a few of my posts about Abbey being a picky eater and all of that.. after a few weeks, we found out that she's a self regulator.. She's on Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul and she eats approximately 1-2 cups of it, normally at night after her walk.. but since i've switched her to this, i've noticed that she's been VERY gassy...

She's not overweight whatsoever, but her gassiness is getting out of hand.. generally clears the room every time Shes around 50 lbs at 11 months and I'm not sure if I can switch her to adult food now.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good food that I could switch her to? There is a food store a couple of miles away that carries the Diamond brand, which I have heard from here comes very highly recommended.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
    I've heard Diamond brand is good. But I can't give you first hand experience. I use Innova Adult now for both the dogs..and Innova Large Breed for the puppy.
    Good luck getting the new food.... Jackie
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

You might want to try a grain free food.
    Karon<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

switched Hershey Kisses from Eukanuba LBP to Costco's Kirkland Signature Chicken and Rice (Wheat and corn free) the gas stopped. She was about 9 months old at the time. The food is made by Diamond and very similar to their Diamond Natural line. It works for us and is inexpensive.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

justine is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    switched Hershey Kisses from Eukanuba LBP to Costco's Kirkland Signature Chicken and Rice (Wheat and corn free) the gas stopped. She was about 9 months old at the time. The food is made by Diamond and very similar to their Diamond Natural line. It works for us and is inexpensive.
    hmmm our family is considering switching from Sam's Club to Costco, so that would definitely be an option.. i'll keep it in mind!

Thanks!

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    You might want to try a grain free food.
    I agree