Oh they grow so fast!!!

Thread: Oh they grow so fast!!!

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh they grow so fast!!!

Remy is what? 15 weeks now? Yesterday I went to bring him out of his puppy crate and when he didn't jump right out I got a chance to see how squished he was in there. Poor little guy! His back end was all curled up toward the front and when he sat up he had to hunch down so he wouldn't clunk his head. So last night he moved to his "big boy" crate in the living room, which is one of those big black metal cages with the divider?

Oh, the howling and yowling last night. "Mama! I'm not where I go! This is not my night-night house! Helloooooo???" Poor little bugger. He finally settled down after a 1/2 hour of that. I know he'll get used to it, but you hear how scared he was.

Sigh....I thought we might get another few weeks out of the puppy crate....guess not. :-\
    Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Dukesdad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh they grow so fast!!!

It's amazing how fast they grow. You need to take photos almost daily to capture their puppyhood.
    <br />Duke and Freckles

mommychoochoo is offline Junior Member

They do grow fast! My German Shepherd is now 3 months old and I can't get over the fact that he's too big to cuddle with on the couch anymore

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ClarenceMom is offline Senior Member

I know! Fitzgerald is the same age as Remy. I think he grew yesterday between 8am and 5pm because around 6pm, I looked over and he was standing on the couch, all by himself, looking very proud! I asked DH if he had invited him up there and he said no! He had hopped up all on his own (I guess it's time to teach him to wait to be invited, like Clarence does!). And then while we were eating dinner, Fitz went over to Clarence's stand where his water bowl and food bowl are. He usually struggles to put his front paws up to drink from Clarence's water (it's sooo much better than his own water ) but this time he just walked over and put his head into the bowl to take a drink! DH and I looked at each other astonished!! Maybe we'll get home tonight and he'll be full grown! ;D
    Leigh &amp; Michael <br />Clarence &amp; Fitzgerald, Broomfield, CO<br />

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Aww, poor baby. I don't know he would upset over a new crate. Is it in the same spot as the old one?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

imported_Jenica is offline Senior Member

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?
    We bought Diesel a new, bigger crate last weekend. He still fits into the smaller crate, and he will be in there overnight for a little while longer, but it is starting to get small and I was tired of carrying it up and down the stairs (he sleeps in our bed room during the night and is in the family room during the day). So now we have two huge crates sitting in the family room (Jenica still gets crated occasionally) and the smaller crate in the bedroom. That is in addition to three dog beds that are in various rooms. No, our dogs are not spoiled.
    Gabi (Markham, Ontario)<br />Jenica &amp; Diesel<br />

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Awwww, love your siggie pic btw, it's really cute
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Aww... totally know what you mean. When we first got Baloo, he was in Peanut's crate (intended for a 40 lb dog, she's a tad spoiled. :) and it was divided so that he only had access to about half of it. Now it's hard for me to believe he ever fit in it at all. :-[
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    It's amazing how fast they grow. You need to take photos almost daily to capture their puppyhood.

It's true, that's pretty much what I was doing with Aries and Tundra.