Vacation suggestions or advice

Thread: Vacation suggestions or advice

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultVacation suggestions or advice

We are getting ready for a weeks vacation in rural Tennessee. This will be our first year taking the dogs. Rusty is 7 years old & Cooper is 11 weeks old. Any advice or suggestions on what we should & shouldn't take with us. I am going to start making a list of items, but I am sure that I will forget something. Thanks!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Vacation suggestions or advice

Sounds like fun. I would say a first aid kit with benedryl, asprin, and other things you may need for the dogs in case of a minor emergency. I would also try to find out where the closest vet is just in case. I'm a packrat and would probably take an extra collar and leash just in case one broke. Their vaccination records as well and make sure their tags are always on them alone with current phone number where you can be reached.
    I'm sure there is more but those come to mind first.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    Sounds like fun. I would say a first aid kit with benedryl, asprin, and other things you may need for the dogs in case of a minor emergency. I would also try to find out where the closest vet is just in case. I'm a packrat and would probably take an extra collar and leash just in case one broke. Their vaccination records as well and make sure their tags are always on them alone with current phone number where you can be reached.
    I'm sure there is more but those come to mind first.
    Those are some good suggestions

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Jenica is offline Senior Member

Also don't forget the basic stuff: food, food bowl, water bowl, treats, any medication/supplements your dogs get or frequently need (e.g., ear cleaner), dog bed, crate, towels (for muddy paws, wet dogs and to protect furniture), a few toys/bones they are used to, collars and leashes, maybe a long line (to give some freedom while not off leash), brush

Have fun!
    Gabi (Markham, Ontario)<br />Jenica &amp; Diesel<br />