I'm confused

Thread: I'm confused

Molly428 is offline Member

DefaultI'm confused

I have a 2 yr old black lab. I just don't understand why she only lets me take her outside to potty. My husband will try to get her to go outside but she refuses to let him. Does anyone have any idea why she only allows me to let her out? Thank you..Tiffany

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm confused

Are you her primary caregiver? Ie...you take her out, feed her, dicipline her.
    My Mocha is kind of like that with me although she will let my husband take her out she will look to me to go out if she needs to and in the mornings she won't leave my side until I'm up even if he tries to take her out. I'm their main caregiver though and I'm definatly alpha to them not my husband.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

Perhaps try both of you going out with her together for a while, then just you then just your hubby then both. After a while i would guess that she will go out with either of you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Two years old? Have you had her all this time? Is this something new or has it been like this from the start?

Seamus and Flynn

Molly428 is offline Member

Thank you all for responding back. We have had her since she was 6 months old. She has been doing this for about a year. I was just really curious as to why. He plays with her alot but I am the main care taker. That might be why she only goes out for me.

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I would have him start taking care of her more try having him take her for walks and feeding her and working on some obedience with her. This should get her to see him as alpha more and possibly ask him to take her out too.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

rcmichels1 is offline Junior Member

Haven't had that problem yet but did want to offer you words of encouragement to hang in there. Our Belle is more of 'Daddies Girl' yet Winnie is by my side constantly. I think that sometimes dogs just bond more to one than the other.
    Rose...owner of<br />&nbsp;