I know this belongs in the senior dogs area, but...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know this belongs in the senior dogs area, but...

Tundra Aries Guest

DefaultI know this belongs in the senior dogs area, but...

I need to talk, Aries is getting soooo old and within the last few days I'm seeing a difference, between hearing and getting up, Tundra is definitely keeping him here, all of Aries brother's and sisters have crossed over the bridge

I'm soooooo bad when it comes to animals getting older, I really am.
    I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but lately I've been thinking of when he goes how am I going to take it, I don't want him to suffer at all. I lost it when I lost my cat, seriously lost it! I just don't think I can handle it again losing my Aries, he's been with me sooo long and he's everything. Help me get my mind off of this, please

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I know this belongs in the senior dogs area, but...

Awwwww, I know how you feel. How old is he now Regina? Overall he's healthy, right? Be grateful for that. Dogs can live without the best hearing. They can live with struggling to get up and down. Is he on anything for arthritis?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Wow, it is so weird that you posted this. I have noticed the same thing about Woodstock the last few days. I have to wake him up and then he takes a while to get going. I came downstairs last night in the middle of the night and even got on the computer with him a few feet away from me. He didn't even hear me.
    Just give him lots of love, G.....It's never easy and no matter how many go before us, every single one of them hurts like heck. I still think your boy has some years left, though! Big hugs!
    Take him for a stroll with the kids....go to the park....so some things you both enjoy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Pufferlumps is offline Senior Member

I'm there with you ... give Aries tons of loving and giant hugs

Samson is offline Senior Member

I can't give advice Regina

I still miss Samson desperately

We are only allowed to share a small part of our lives with these wonderful dogs ! Just live for the moment.

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by samson
    I can't give advice Regina

I still miss Samson desperately

We are only allowed to share a small part of our lives with these wonderful dogs ! Just live for the moment.
    This is also how I feel. I still miss my last two labs and wish they could have shared their lives with Nellie but it is a fact of life that we only have our best buddies with us for a very short time.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Awwwww, I know how you feel. How old is he now Regina? Overall he's healthy, right? Be grateful for that. Dogs can live without the best hearing. They can live with struggling to get up and down. Is he on anything for arthritis?
    He'll be 12 years on April 3rd...I was thinking of putting him on Glucosamine, that's what my mom put her dogs on and it worked really good, he's not as bad as her girls were, so I'm trying to hold off a little so that when he really needs it, it'll work good for him and he wont be too used to it, or should I start giving it to him?

Tundra Aries Guest

Thanks everyone, guess I have to try and enjoy him all I can now and live in the moment

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Does he have trouble all the time getting up? Or just occasionally? If it's just once in awhile, I would probably just give him one aspirin on one of his bad days. Once it starts to get more frequent, talk to your vet. Sammy did really well on Metacam for awhile.

I still miss Tango and Sammy terribly. And it makes me sad to think that my Tucker just turned 7. Where does the time go? :'(

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Does he have trouble all the time getting up? Or just occasionally? If it's just once in awhile, I would probably just give him one aspirin on one of his bad days. Once it starts to get more frequent, talk to your vet. Sammy did really well on Metacam for awhile.

I still miss Tango and Sammy terribly. And it makes me sad to think that my Tucker just turned 7. Where does the time go? :'(
    Thank you so much, yeah, it's just once in awhile, I think more if he's on the kitchen floor, he can't grab his nails into anything like he can on the carpet in the livingroom, he get's a better grip, ya know...when it gets worse I'll definitely talk to my vet, thank you

I'm so sorry about Tango and Sammy, I know how much your heart must be breaking for them, we definitely don't have a lot of time with them :'( Tucker is going to be 7...I remember when he was just a pupster, I can't believe Tundra's going to be 5 already too, time goes way, way too fast :-\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast