Maggy my love and Maddie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maggy my love and Maddie

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultMaggy my love and Maddie

Yes, today is one of those anniversaries that we all hate. It was four years ago today that my beloved Maggy crossed over to wait for me in the green meadow. Still seems like she was just here beside me yesterday. Although I know she is beside me every day, guiding me to the ones still in need. This is one of my most favorite pictures of her. She HATED the water, but would do anything to be with me. She never retrieved a duck in a hunting situation in her life. I would let her lay on my coat while I went out in the boat and picked them up myself. Her just being with me was all I ever needed from her. I love you Maggy and miss you every day.

Also today would have been Maddie's 18th birthday. Maddie came to me at age 14, just a day after loosing Maggy and I give her credit for bringing me out of the depression of loosing my soul dog. Maddie never took Maggy's place, but she was about as close as you could get. Being in rescue gives you the unique opportunity to fall in love over and over again, and Maddie soon became a soul dog herself. I had almost four very happy years with her, and now mourn her loss right along with Maggy today. I wish I had been there for you earlier in your life Maddie. You where the best girl a man could ever ask for. I love you and miss you my big yellow Possum.

I will be seeing you both soon. Pick a spot with lots of room because I will be bringing a crowd.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Maggy my love and Maddie

Run free Maggy and Maddie watch over your daddy for us will you he's a very special man.
    (((HUGS))) Joe
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Bradley is offline Member

:'(

Run free Maggy and Maddie!!!

Joe, the girls couldn't have wished for a better Dad. They will watch over you and every rescue that you will shower with the love you gave to them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

((((hugs)))) I didn't know Maggy but loved Maddie ......... they are watching over you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Robinfl is offline Senior Member

I wish I could take the pain away from you, Joe! What beautiful girls they were.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Lovely tribute Joe. I have to believe your 2 girls are guiding you along in your endless rescue efforts.

Tundra Aries Guest

Run free Maggy and Maddie! :'( :'(

Yes, they're watching over you, they really were beautiful. (((HUGS)))

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Oh Joe, I know how much those girls meant to you, rest assured, the feeling was mutual. Someday, we will be reunited with our dogs, and oh what a reunion that will be. Thank you Joe for all you do, you are an Earth Angel. {{{HUGS}}}

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Her just being with me was all I ever needed from her.
    The true definition of love.
    I'm sure Maggie would say that just being with you is all the joy she ever wanted.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

(((hugs))) to Joe, it is never easy losing our special friends! :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast