What kind of Brush?

Thread: What kind of Brush?

DefaultWhat kind of Brush?

Ever since Odie stopped crapping in his crate I haven't been giving him regular baths, and I don't plan to because I don't want his skin to dry out. I've noticed the shedding now, so I figured brushing him once in awhile wouldn't be a bad idea. What kind of brushes do you guys use? A soft bristle brush, or one with stiff metal thingys? I don't even own a brush for my own hair so I'm lost on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What kind of Brush?

I think the best brush for a lab is the Zoom Groom. I also use a soft bristle brush as a "finishing" brush on my black lab. It really brings out the shine in his coat.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Tundra Aries Guest

I use the one with the metal things coming out of it, I think it was about $10 from Petco, didn't get anything crazy, and it works great.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeffersonsMom
    I think the best brush for a lab is the Zoom Groom. I also use a soft bristle brush as a "finishing" brush on my black lab. It really brings out the shine in his coat.
    Ditto here. I also use a "greyhound" comb after the Zoom Groom. I finish up with either a soft horse brush or a natural bristled human hair brush (depending on how my hand feels).

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Aries
    I use the one with the metal things coming out of it, I think it was about $10 from Petco, didn't get anything crazy, and it works great.
    That sounds like a shedding blade. They work great, but man, does the hair fly! Definitely a use outside only tool.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Furminator. Do NOT furminate inside, as you will have a hairstorm!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg