Can you say Proud Papa??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you say Proud Papa??

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultCan you say Proud Papa??

I don't think I have ever been as proud of Tal's behavior in a public place as I was today.

I took him to the same store I took him to about a month ago to buy his food. I decided to use his pinch collar in case some little kid wanted to take his toy I got him (yes I got Tal a new toy) and generally get him really worked up.

He has never behaved better than he did today. And one of the best things was he learned by being, well at least semi calm, he got lots of petting and attention! And it started with a lady coming up to me and she had a fit over his coat. She was very complimentary of him.

Funny thing was a lady ahead of me in line said I see you found your dog. I am like, excuse me? She said she saw him out loose. I said not him...we have been together all day. Besides he is never out of my sight.

Then...and here is the kicker...she said well he looks like the one I saw, it was small and looked like a weiner dog. : Sorry, I couldn't resist, and said well he is small I guess..he only weighs 90 lbs. The girl who was the cashier was trying awfully hard not to laugh and the man behind me complimented Tal and said he looks like a pruebred Lab. I just said he is and I've had him since he was 7 weeks.

And Tal just stood there wagging his tail soaking up all the attention! Even got a treat out of it, courtesy of the girl at the cashier stand!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Can you say Proud Papa??

Good boy Tal! And good boy for not gettin' upset at bein' called a wiener dog :-X

georgie is offline Senior Member

Good boy Tal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

Good boy Tal

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

WTG Tal. You are such a good, good boy!

That was one strange lady! : I bet she was jealous of Tal being such a handsome good boy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Tal IS a good boy. All that training has become second nature for him by now, hasn't it.

Seamus and Flynn

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Tal! That woman either needs glasses, or has a couple of screws loose!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    Tal IS a good boy. All that training has become second nature for him by now, hasn't it.
    Well most of the time! I had gotten pretty lax with it using all the bad weather as an excuse. But since we have been able to get out and walk more, I have been really hitting it hard with how he walks on leash. I am so proud of him I could burst! not that you can tell or anything like that!

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonGold
    or has a couple of screws loose!
    That part especially cracked me up! Especially since it is a farm supply place and they sell lots of tools! Maybe she should check out the hardware section of the store to see if they have the right size! lol. Sorry this one was just toooo good to resist!

justine is offline Senior Member

weiner dog?! haha... i don't think she could have been any more off. a 90-lb lab and a weiner dog.. haha

LOL at wiener dog. It must have been hard to keep from laughing out loud. Maybe the lady really didn't know her dogs. Ya think?!

Oh and good boy Tal for being so well behaved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast