I need some ideas about a dog thats not mine...

Thread: I need some ideas about a dog thats not mine...

Kathryn Guest

DefaultI need some ideas about a dog thats not mine...

Her names Ducky.. She "lives" down the street her "parents" got divorced and her and her buddy Bass were suppost to go live with the "mom" in another town. "Dad" lets Bass and Ducky run free because he dosnt want the dogs. He had the 3 human kids and cat and dosnt want the dogs.
    Ducky is a very nice black lab. She LOVES me and has been sitting with me out my deck for the last hour. I got cold and needed to come in. With a little bit of sweet words and a cookie and my dogs put a way she came one and warmed up.. She has given me a million kisses and then pushed her way out my screen door :-\ . Shes very afraid of men and dosnt much care for my brother.. She wont let my brother get near her unless I am there..
    As for her Sister Bass.. I havent seen her in almost 2 weeks.. Bass wont come near me even for a cookie.. Shes very afraid..
    I know someone who knows the "parents" and I made a phone call to her and she said that he dosnt want the dogs and the mom wont take them (i assume she dosnt want them at this point). She asked me if I wanted them. I cant take on 2 more dogs.. I would take Ducky in but I just cant.. I dont think I can afford it at this time..
    So my options are... Call Metro and have them come pick her up and they will contact the "parents" and they can 1 either go get her 2 leave her there or 3 say its not their dog. I would be shocked if they went and got her.. Shes so scared of people that Im not sure if they gave her up if she would get adopted and we all know what will happen if she dosnt..
    Talking to the people who own the dog is out of the question. They dont care..
    I would take her in a heart beat but Im not sure I can do 4 dogs right now..
    Id really like to find out where Bass is. Im really worried about her..

What would you do??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I need some ideas about a dog thats not mine...

I would take Ducky in until I could find her another home, and try to find her sister. In the meantime, Ducky will learn from your family that people are nice and not all men are bad.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Is there a rescue (lab or all breed) in your area? They may be able to take her (both) in or you could foster for them and they might be able to help you place them?

Can you handle Duckie (and sibling if they are found) for a short period and find a new home?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Any rescue worth its salt is going to require a notice of surrender/transfer of ownership from the legal owner - so I would line up a potential rescue or two, politely talk to the present owner and get him to sign over the dogs legally to you, then you can turn them over to the rescue.

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonGold
    I would take Ducky in until I could find her another home, and try to find her sister. In the meantime, Ducky will learn from your family that people are nice and not all men are bad.
    Ditto, me too.

Kathryn Guest

My front door was open all morning while I was cleaning my living room and Ducky never came back.. When I left to go to the store I noticed "mom" whos here for the weekend was no longer there. Im not sure if she let them in to the house or what..
    No one was home when I got home or I would have gone and talked to them.. Something needs to be figured out. Its not fair to the dogs.. I feel so bad for them..

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I wish I had some idea what to say but I think if you can get them to sign them over to you and then find a rescue to take them. That way it would only be temporary for you.

Hopefully these folks will listen to reason and do what's best for the dogs.

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

Get them to sign them over, and shelter them until the rescues can come collect them. This way, you know you've done the best you could by them (& built-up mega good kharma) and you can be sure that they're ok.

I hate people like that. Don't make the commitment to care for your dogs if you're not going to keep it.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />