Crap! Raisins!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap! Raisins!

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultCrap! Raisins!

I went outside for 5 minutes to tie my trash up and I came back up and found my ziplock bag torn up and empty on the floor. There was a cinnamon raisin bagel in it. I dont know who ate, or maybe they ripped it apart and split it.

That dog press site says 2-3 raisins per body weight are considering toxic. Molly is 45 pounds and Dale is 98.

How many raisins are in a bagel? 6 or 7? should I enduce vomiting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crap! Raisins!

The safest thing, of course, is to induce it in both.

But I think 99.99+% of the time, that amount would not be toxic for a dog the size of a Lab.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

JustineNYC Guest

Ok. I can do it with 3% hydrogen peroxide right? A teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

That's what my Giffin & Carlson's "Dog Owner's Home Veterniary Handbook" says. They also say to repeat every 10-15 minutes (up to 3X) until the dog vomits.

Good luck!
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

JustineNYC Guest

Dale puked right away....but there is no bagel in it, its his meal I gave him a few hours ago. That means she ate the whole thing, shes the one who had cinnamon breath.....and she isnt vomiting yet. So far I gave her the dose in the syringe twice.

What do i do if she doesnt vomit, is the peroxide going to hurt her now?

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

How many doses have you given her? I had to give Teddy three doses and walk him around a bit to get him to vomit.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JeffersonsMom
    How many doses have you given her? I had to give Teddy three doses and walk him around a bit to get him to vomit.
    I gave her 3......I keep walking her and shaking her belly......nothing. No vomiting. Shes just pissed now.

JustineNYC Guest

Still no vomiting. Shes running around like she doesnt have a care in the world. Dale puked right away....thats odd.

I found this site that says
    The hydrogen peroxide, on ingestion, becomes oxygen and water and is harmless to your dog; it is one of the best antidotes for phosphorus, which is often used in rat poisons

I dont know what to worry about now.....the bagel or the peroxide.

The peroxide shouldn't hurt her.

Duncan has had the peroxide treatment 3 times now. *rolleyes* The first two times, he threw up immediately. The last time we had to do it, he didn't throw up at all! The vet couldn't believe it. Thankfully, he passed everything fine.

Keep us posted!

JustineNYC Guest

Yea. The peroxide is probably sitting on the bagel. Im gonna call the vet in the morning....But being as though she isnt vomited, should I let her drink normally....shes walking around with the hicups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast