Some People are Nice

Thread: Some People are Nice

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome People are Nice

I walk walking to the park today and there was a man coming from the parking lot we passed by. Of course Tal wanted to go be petted and the man stopped. I put Tal in a sit and made him stay.

At first I thought he had the black dog syndrome but as he passed he complimented me on Tal and said he figured I was trying to teach him not to jump on people and he didn't want to interfere. Sometimes, things are not what they seem.

So there are still lots of thoughtful folks in this world. We just don't hear about them much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Some People are Nice

That's nice! And rare, too.

I don't run into many people like that. We took the boys to the Greenway last weekend, and were really working with them on conditioning positive responses to other dogs. I was also doing a lot of heeling work with them. Most people didn't seem to have a clue what to make of someone who was actually engaging their dog while on the walk. One guy had their dog off-leash running in the creek (supposedly not allowed, but whatever...). He was with a group of people, and I was re-loading my treat pouch while the boys sat in front of me, watching very attentively as they do when I'm fondling food.

One of the girls made a comment, "Wow, it looks like they're in school."

I was busy, so Kevin replied, "Ohhhhh, they are ALWAYS in school." Kidding...but not really I guess.

So the guy said, "Come on boys, I'll show you how to play hooky." : He was kidding too, but it seemed like a backhanded compliment.

Whatever, dude. :

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

georgie is offline Senior Member

I'm sure there are many nice folks out there.....seems we just hear about the bad ones. Tal does so well with the 'sit-stay" command.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I have been runing into three different senior couples on our walks through the wetlands. I watch for anyone approaching and recall HK when I see someone, stop with her at my side as they get closer, and had been holdin gher collar as they pass. All three have always made a nice comment about her being a good dog, it being nice to see me training my dog, something pleasant. For two of the couples, I have been able to have HK sit at my side, heal position, without bending over to hold her collar. I got a couple nice comments about the progress we have made it that that like seeing her learn. Today, one couple asked if they cold pet her. I tol dthem certainly, but that I could not guarantee she would not jump. The woman immediately leaned over to pet HK. She didn't jump but she definite squiggled and squirmed. The lady was so happy to be petting her and when she looked up at her husband, he said, 'Forget it. Ask the gentleman if you can borrow Hershey Kisses on occassion, but what you are thinking is not going to happen.' The lady looked at me and pouted. Anyway, the lady and her husband have names now. Mary and Joe.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Tundra Aries Guest