This Was Very Scary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Was Very Scary

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis Was Very Scary

I have never seen so many folks who allow their dogs to ride in the back of a pick up and not even tied into the truck bed as I have here. I was at the park this afternoon and as I was about to throw the ball I saw a pickup passing with two Yellows in it. One spotted Tal and me and it was obvious he/she wanted to play too. I thought for a second the dog was going to jump out of the truck and run over to us. I put Tal in a sit and held the ball at my side. Then dog just sat there at the side of the truck, paws on the fender, then they started off when the light changed green. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued our game.

It is a sad state of affairs when a stranger cares more about someone's dog than they do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This Was Very Scary

Oh man, I freak when I see that kind of thing, Guy! > I just can't understand how people can be so bloody stupid and careless. "Oh he won't jump out, he knows better!" Ya dumbass, he's a DOG, he doesn't 'know' that he can't chase a ball someone threw, or go after a female in heat that smells more tantalizing than any thing he's ever niffed. And when you slam on your brakes because someone cuts you off, he's going to be airborne and either crash through the back window or get seriously injured when he slams against the inside wall of the truck bed ... because he's still going at 45mph! >
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonGold
    "Oh he won't jump out, he knows better!" Ya dumbass, he's a DOG, he doesn't 'know' that he can't chase a ball someone threw, or go after a female in heat that smells more tantalizing than any thing he's ever niffed.
    I completely agree but that last part cracked me up!

I know we all probably sometimes don't think of them as dogs, but they are and they will do dog things, like you said. Eating poop, chasing squirrels, alll kinds of stuff. I even saw one person not only in the back roaming around but the tailgate was down...in a moving pickup truck. How stupid can you be??!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

I witnessed a boxer being "hung" from a truck bed. The woman driving couldn't lift him up high enough to get him back in the truck bed. Luckily someone passing stopped and jumped out and helped her. I watched this all from across a busy 4 lane highway. I couldn't get to her to help.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

georgie is offline Senior Member

I see that around here too. makes me so nervous if I am following them...I always worry the dog is going to fall out. > I will never understand how people can do that.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I have two experiences with dogs in the back of trucks:

My dog Dryf jumped out of his previous family's truck as it was going down the road. They didn't notice until later. He was missing for a week and was finally found.. Oh this was in the bush not in a city.

One day my dad saw a dog tied up in the back of a truck in a parking lot (owner's gone shopping). Next thing he knows the dog jumped out. He had just enough rope to jump - not enough to get anywhere. he just hung there. Thank goodness my dad was there soon enough to rescue the dog.

Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How scary. I would be terrified if I saw a dog like that, can't even imagine letting my dog ride like that. Stupid people. >

Is it legal? If somebody would do it here, people would call the police.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Tundra Aries Guest

That would have scared me sooo much too! I don't understand people's thinking sometimes, really stupid!!!

I hate when I see that. Reminds of America's funniest home videos the other week replayed a video 2 times of a dog that was sitting on top of the storage box of the pickup truck going down the highway with goggles on(at least)...but everyone laughed it up.

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

it happens a lot around here too...farmers let their labs ride in the back not secured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast