the "SURPRISE" i came home to today...!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the "SURPRISE" i came home to today...!

justine is offline Senior Member

Defaultthe "SURPRISE" i came home to today...!

Well first off, here are some cute pictures of Abbey laying on her bed with her favorite stuffed dinosaur (who has had MANY "surgeries ) :

And this is SAME bed she was laying on just a couple of days ago... please notice that it is not IN the crate, but next to it.

Note in the above photo that there is another bed on top of her crate.. she chewed a hole in it when it was in her crate, so it's sitting on top until i fix it.. haha. she got downgraded to towels to lay on. for some reason, she actually leaves those alone!!

And the weird insides of her comfy bed.. haha.

I wish I would have had the camera to show you all her guilty looking face when i got home!! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: the "SURPRISE" i came home to today...!

Keep an eye on her for a couple days to make sure she is going to the bathroom and eating. That stuff can cause a blockage if she ate any of it.

yeah, she ate breakfast and went to the bathroom last night and this morning, so i don't think she ate much, if any of the insides. but i will continue to watch her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Those are great pictures!

We went through 5 beds during Lula's first year. : Thankfully (knocks on wood) she's not destroyed one in months.

I'm like you, I have an old one on top of her crate. I'm thinking I might use it for something. : What I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by M Fortune
    We went through 5 beds during Lula's first year. : Thankfully (knocks on wood) she's not destroyed one in months.

I'm like you, I have an old one on top of her crate. I'm thinking I might use it for something. : What I don't know.
    five beds?!?!? ohhh man. no those are the only two she's gotten so far.. i am planning on stitching up the non-destroyed one and letting her lay on it OUTSIDE of the crate, far away, but i think it's going to be strictly TOWELS for a while. haha

LOL. When Nellie was crated she ended up with nothing in the crate but her Kong. Destroyed everything. LOL

OH NO!! What a monkey! I'm sure towels are boring because they can't be de-stuffed!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFurBaby
    OH NO!! What a monkey! I'm sure towels are boring because they can't be de-stuffed!
    yes, boring for her, good and cheap for me!! ;D

funny that you have an Abbey spelled the same way, too! how old is she??

Kallie celebrated her 3rd birthday and January..and for her birthday she received a blanket for her crate..Before that she had nothing b/c she ate through a couple of beds when she was younger and I was afraid she would get a blockage...

rpliegos Guest

I lost count of how many beds Mishe destroyed during her first 3 months... the last one I gave her one night and it was shredded to pieces by the following morning. She always ate the stuffing so I decided to give up beds, towels or anything comfortable. She sleeps on the hard floor of her fiberglass igloo house...

Now at a year 1/2 she seems to have given up chewing soft beds (I have a bed for both dogs in the kitchen so they can nap while I eat but since Homero is still 9 months old and still chewing soft things I won´t give them a bed...

Have you wondered how they love to pull out the stuffing, how it resembles the way wolves eat what they hunt? they pull up the hair and then go for the guts...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast