If suddenly I'm not here..........

Thread: If suddenly I'm not here..........

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultIf suddenly I'm not here..........

it is because my computer died. > I was having issues with the monitor all day, then tonight I get a message (from Microsoft) "Your system has recovered from a serious error." WTF. So I check out what they say.....which is nothing. maybe check to see if I have two anti-virus programs running.

My son says it's time I get a new one. I was perfectly happy with this Sony Vaio for the past 5 or 6 years. I'm not sure how old it is.

I hate the thoughts of computer shopping. :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: If suddenly I'm not here..........

Uh oh.

Happy computer shopping!

Remember to back everything up before it dies for good!! So says the person who didn't, and then had to pay someone to recover info off her hard drive.

Maybe the Easter Bun will bring you a new computer!!!! ;D

Yes, back up everything. I was working on a term paper when my computer started acting weird. I think I hit "save" after every word I typed, printing off pages as soon as they were full, etc. I was some anxious! Luckily, it didn't crash until I had competed the paper. Phew!

Bev.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

You may have sufferred from a software or hardware glitch and will not see anything bad happen for a month, year, mutliple years. But you have been warned.Time to backup anything you have that you value to a CD, DVD, whatever you have available to your system. Any typed documents, financial records, photos. If the drive is the problem and it crashes, you will spend $200-$500 to attempt to recover the data. Key word is attempt, you may not e able to recover it.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

This reminds me I need to back up my stuff onto a CD also.

I have excel spreadsheets with personal records on a jump drive. Those things are great!

Tundra Aries Guest

I hated computer shopping too, but when we got the computer finally set up and running I was a happy camper