baby gates

Thread: baby gates

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Defaultbaby gates

Hello all. I need to get two new baby gates for Pitch. I am thinking of getting 2 wooden ones from Orvis. Does anyone have these. I need the tall ones, since he clears the smaller baby gates no problem. We had the metal ones previously, but they seem to be breaking down with 2 toddlers and Pitch. Plus I think for the extra cost, the wooden looks much nicer. Just wondering if they will hold up to the strength of a 90lb lab, and 2 toddlers.

-Shannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: baby gates

Do some online shopping before you spend a ton at Orvis. There are other places that sell them and they are tall, too. Try Jeffers Pets...or Ryans Pets ... just two that come to mind.

Tundra Aries Guest

I have a baby gate that we got from babies r us, it's the one that screws into the wall, so if Tundra or Aries jump up on it, it wont fall down, works great

Don't get wooden if your dog will eat the wood, Tundra did that to ours, we should have spent the extra $20.00 to get the metal, would have been better, JMO.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We have the tall one from babies r' us now. Just not holding up well. Still does its job, but now since I need a second one (making a larger area for Pitch to live in. Didn't think on the chewing of the wood. I wonder if he would do that? Hmm a lab that didn't chew, not possible.

I will look at those other websites...thought orvis, cause I was heading that way today. Feeling bad, that he hasn't graduated from one room of the house yet. If I get 2 new gates, he can have access to 3 rooms, still keeping him locked out of the toy room. I just need a bigger house to accomidate this growing family.

Well I as usual I didn't read the fine print. I went over to Orvis to take a look at them. Hubby is at a dog show today, and Orvis was a sponser, so he got a $25 gift card from them. Well after looking at the gates, only the entrance is wooden, the rest is all metal Not really what I was hoping. So Still looking.