Winter blues?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter blues?

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultWinter blues?

Has anyones Lab been sleeping a little more lately? The last 3 days have been REALLY cold here, and I dont know if that has anything to do with it, but Dales been blah for the last few days.

Im hoping hes not sick.

And then theres this......he started sleeping in the puppys crate. Not that he isnt allowed, I just thought it was weird.....Dale never had a crate, he barely fits in there. he takes his blue bowl, goes in there and goes to sleep. is that him saying "leave me alone'?

One thing I noticed is when I get up, he isnt coming with me and he normally is right behind me when I go into the kitchen.

He did play with my niece when she came over yesterday......he was all over her, but when they left, he went back to sleep.

Am I being a worry wart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Winter blues?

How old is Dale? (great name, by the way!) Is he still eating well? I think if it were me, I'd probably be heading to the vet, just for a check up & some peace of mind! (I think I'd be sleeping in that crate myself! That bed looks pretty darn comfy!) ;D

Hope he's back to his old self quickly.

Bev.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    How old is Dale? (great name, by the way!) Is he still eating well? I think if it were me, I'd probably be heading to the vet, just for a check up & some peace of mind! (I think I'd be sleeping in that crate myself! That bed looks pretty darn comfy!) ;D

Hope he's back to his old self quickly.

Bev.
    He's 5......he'll be 6 in August.

Hes eating great. Going to the bathroom like normal, no coughing, no sneezing. Hes most energic in the morning before he does his morning business. They ran around in the yard a little bit and then we had to head in.....I have a lung disease where if the air is below freezing I get sharp pains in my chest. Otherwise we wouldve stayed out a bit longer.

Im going to offer to take him for a walk in a bit and see if he wants to go. He never turns down going out.....plus snow is on the way, i should be able to tell if hes alright by the morning.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The word "walk" works like magic around here as well! Cooper (who'll be 6 on July 29) can be comatose but as soon as he hears the word - vrrooommmm! - he's up & looking for his collar!

Sure hope Dale is better.

Bev.

georgie is offline Senior Member

My girls sleep alot too. I was wondering if we all have cabin fever. Since the weather has been so bad here lately...we aren't out as much. I hope Dale is just in a winter funk. Let us know if he perks up with the snow to play in.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    The word "walk" works like magic around here as well! Cooper (who'll be 6 on July 29) can be comatose but as soon as he hears the word - vrrooommmm! - he's up & looking for his collar!

Sure hope Dale is better.

Bev.
    Well we went out, he got excited, barked at some cats and now both of them are asleep on the futon :-\

Isnt it sad when your lab isnt getting in trouble you start to wonder if their sick?

He was fine yesterday, playing with my niece....
    And i think Im annoying him, I keep going over and poking him in his sleep
    Attached Images Attached Images

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

You said he is going into the puppy's crate, he never had one. Is there a new puppy in the house? Is puppy getting a lot of attentioin that Dale used to get? Just questions.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    You said he is going into the puppy's crate, he never had one. Is there a new puppy in the house? Is puppy getting a lot of attentioin that Dale used to get? Just questions.
    No. I made sure not to do that. I got Molly December 5th so shes not that new but she does climb on him and bite his face when he lays on the floor. I was thinking maybe thats why he was going in the crate....to get away from her. She HATES the crate so if he goes in, its all his.

Today he seems better. I left early this morning to go move my cousin and just got back home, and he and Molly are butt tucking back and forth into the kitchen.

Yesterday was the first full day I was home with them, so maybe hes used to sleeping when Im not home.

I did notice, his coat was very hot last night. His nose was cold and his coat was very hot, and today....it feels cool. Do they get fevers? My house isnt especially warm why would his coat be hot.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Dale might be just a little jealous of his sister!! I hope it's nothing more than that.

Ah, I was wondering how Dale was doing today. Maybe it is just a case of the blahs - I felt that way myself today, after looking outside and seeing all that damn snow. I didn't crawl in Cooper's crate though. ;D

Pats and :-* to Dale!

Bev.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast