stinky feet (updated)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stinky feet (updated)

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

Defaultstinky feet (updated)

Sorry to post again...

But I posted the other day in Health about Harlees puppy acne. I got quite a few responses and I know that it seems she has a weakened immune system. A few people have recommended probiotics. I am also wondering if this will help with the smell she has? It doesnt really seem to be her, but mostly coming from her feet, it is very strong.

As already posted she has already been through 2 or 3 uti's, staph and now acne

Shes 10 mths

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: stinky feet

Do her feet smell like Fritos / corn chips? ;D

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I love Henery's fri-toes!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Umm...I am not sure what it is and its really not pleasant. I find that after 5 days the bedding in her crate is unbearable ( usually wash every 7) . Its a very strong smell. I don't know what to say other than that. Its not her body or her ears, the only thing that I can smell if I put my face to her is the feet.

Maybe I'm just use to it after having Labs for over 20 years but a Lab should not have a "strong" smell. True the feet smell like Fritos but that's normal and not noticible until you stick your nose on the pads.
    I think a vet check may be in order as it may be a skin yeast infection. That can really stink.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I think a vet check may be in order as it may be a skin yeast infection. That can really stink.
    I agree 100%.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Well as I said, I do have an appt for her on Monday I just hate the thought of giving her antibitoics. I'll let ya know!

Thanks for the responses

I would say possible infection too just like a yeast ear infection stinks really bad if she has it on her feet it could stink too. Do they look red at all or have they been wet for a period of time? Does she lick at them?
    Mocha had a yeast infection behind her ears (not in them) after we got Zeus from playing bitey face so much it got red and some of the hair started falling out. We had to keep them apart and stop the bitey face for a week or two and wash the area with medicated shampoo for a week or two until it cleared up. Same with her staph infection when she had it she had the medicated shampoo and antibiotics.

When Ralphie had a yeast infection on his neck it was really stinky! Labs shouldn't have an odor about them if nothing is wrong.

Although it did make me laugh when I read the bedding is unbearable after five days, but you wash it every seven. Why torture yourself for two days? lol

Hahaha I see your point CindersMyGirl, but I am washing it more frequently...my point was after a few days its so strong it truly is that strong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast