A Dog Hater!!???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Dog Hater!!???

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Dog Hater!!???

The other day on one of my classes, a student asked about Tal and Midnight. I sometimes tell them some of the funny stuff they do. One of them chimed in and said she hated dogs..all of them. During the course of the conversation she said they had a lab mix that snarled at kids. Apparently the dog belongs to the parents. She said she and her brother hated the dog. They didn't abuse it or anything, fed it and all. She then said she thought it was more of whatever it is mixed with than lab because of its bad temperament.

Well now, I responded that her and brother's hatred is what did it. That's when the comment about not abusing it came. I said they can tell when you don't like them and they are expert at reading your body language....to the point of understanding your body lanugage that you don't even realize you are sending.

Several other students said the same thing. We all said no wonder the dog is that way. I couldn't help but say that you are preventing a really rewarding relationship. That dog has alot of loyalty to give and I couldn't understand why some folks have a dog and treat it that way. I don't think she appreciated my comments too much, as well as some of the other students, but I doubt she will be expressing her opinion on canines again anytine soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Dog Hater!!???

I feel sorry for people like that. They truly do not know what they are missing.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine not having a dog now. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll have a second one too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I love dogs to a fault, more then I like alot of people! I'll never understand that kind of thinking. Thanks for trying to educate them. : I really dont understand!

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    The other day on one of my classes, a student asked about Tal and Midnight. I sometimes tell them some of the funny stuff they do. One of them chimed in and said she hated dogs..all of them. During the course of the conversation she said they had a lab mix that snarled at kids. Apparently the dog belongs to the parents. She said she and her brother hated the dog. They didn't abuse it or anything, fed it and all. She then said she thought it was more of whatever it is mixed with than lab because of its bad temperament.

Well now, I responded that her and brother's hatred is what did it. That's when the comment about not abusing it came. I said they can tell when you don't like them and they are expert at reading your body language....to the point of understanding your body lanugage that you don't even realize you are sending.

Several other students said the same thing. We all said no wonder the dog is that way. I couldn't help but say that you are preventing a really rewarding relationship. That dog has alot of loyalty to give and I couldn't understand why some folks have a dog and treat it that way. I don't think she appreciated my comments too much, as well as some of the other students, but I doubt she will be expressing her opinion on canines again anytine soon.

What grade do you teach? Maybe they 'tease' the dog. Many people/kids dont think teasing is a form of abuse. In my experience, if a do doesnt like you, there is a reason for it.

That's too bad they hate the dog, but good for you for trying to enlighten them

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Sad... very sad... that there are people like that. Even more sad that they have a dog. > They have no idea what they are missing in a great relationship between human-dog. You did a good job Guy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is a shame. I think dogs do read people & maybe thier "hate" comes through to the dog. There is so much more then just feeding a dog & not abusing it. Not giving love is so sad. hey....you tried. Sounds like these kids should not have animals.

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    I feel sorry for people like that. They truly do not know what they are missing.
    I couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by JustineNYC
    Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog

What grade do you teach? Maybe they 'tease' the dog. Many people/kids dont think teasing is a form of abuse. In my experience, if a do doesnt like you, there is a reason for it.
    I teach at a 2 year college so these are college students. This particular student was most definitely in the minority. I have no idea how old her brother is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast