Does you Lab talk back to you?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does you Lab talk back to you?

Mugs mom and dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes you Lab talk back to you?

I have been sick for the last few days with the flu and Sassy has been really good,she has been such a sweetheart cuddling with me, Well she must know that I'm feeling alittle better today(not good enough to go out and play) she keeps bring me her bally and when I say "No not today" She gets up and starts to bark well not really barking kind of like sassy-in back to me.

her name fits her well.

Gotta love her.

~Michele,Mugs & Sassy~

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does you Lab talk back to you?

Abby talks a fair bit sometimes. She will give low growly wuffs if she wants on the couch, and also makes monkey noises.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah. Flynn. BIG back-talker. Mouthy delinquent, that boy. God bless 'im!

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Both of our boys talk, but Buddy is the real conversationalist, especially when he's trying to convince Bill it's time to go to the park! He cracks us up with some of the sounds he makes, he really vocalizes and at times you can hear the exasperation in his voice. LOL
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Clarence talks to us and Fitz has been a little bit too. If Clarence has been home alone, gated in our bedroom all day, he'll start "yelling" at me when I'm walking up the stairs to free him. It's a combination of barking, growling, woofing, huffing, snorting, howling and I laugh everytime! It's like he's saying "Geez mom, it's about time you got here. I've been sooo bored all day. Where WERE you?!" ;D Clarence howls when we get to doggy daycare too if no one is at the front desk, waiting anxiously for his arrival!

Fitz hasn't really barked much yet but when he's tired and trying to find a comfy spot on my lap or next to me, he huffs quite a bit, like "huh huh huh, can't get comfy, huh huh...ahhh, there we go." He sounds like a human baby!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Lexi is a big talker too!

It varies depending on what she wants or is trying to tell me. Sometimes it is just little woof's and growly noises, other times it is full out barking at me. Last night was full out barking at me, I was on the phone with her grandma (aka my mother) & she wanted the almost empty water bottle I had. She started with a few little woof & finally escalated into a full out bark, almost demanding I give her the bottle.

When I am brushing her or when my neighor trims her nails, she talks alot. Nicole was trimming her nails at my parents one night, she was holding her & Lexi was grumbling & mumbling at her. Nicole was like "You are a lab, you don't growl!" She is a vet tech, so she knew Lexi was not growling at her, just making both of us aware she was NOT happy about having her nails trimmed.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

After dinner, I get on the computer to check a few things. HK follows me and lays down alongside. About 15 minutes later, she decides it is time to play. Sits up, stares at me. 5 more minutes. I ignore her refusing to look at her. Then the very loooooow, verrrryyyyy soft groooowl starts. Sloooowly growing in volume that eventually ends with a rather deep loud bark. Followed by a lot of barks until I get my butt out of the chair. She calls it her 'Play with me now' command and she almost has me trained perfectly. ;D ;D ;D
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

Simba talks, Thunder sasses! And believe me,there IS a difference!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

Believe me... Lula is the queen of back-sass. >

It's cute most of the time now, but I can remember getting really frustrated with her in her "teenage period". Anything that didn't go how she wanted turned into a sassy tantrum with the works (barking, growling, nipping, tugging, running away and barreling into me).

I'm so glad those days are over.

Fender is super sassy when i wake him up in the middle of the night by rolling over in HIS bed. He gives a quick growl then jumps out and stands next to the bed, plunks down on the floor and lets out a HUUUGE sigh of exasperation. How dare I disturb his sleep? :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast