Just Labradors banner

tracing pedigrees

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CaliforniaLabLover 
#1 ·
can any one help trace my labs pedigree. I know nothing at all about what is good or bad or where to even start to look. I know with the horses there is an all breed pedigree search and people have been adding to it for years and can search all my horses back to the very begining of the register. is there anything like this for dogs, or is there any one that can help me find out if its any good.

#3 ·
heres her details of her papers i haven't registered her in my name yet but when i do i will get her five gen pedigree with it.
her name killaney Queen(ah1) reg no ah00914301
her sire monty's pass returns(ikc)(ah1) reg no ah0900660
her dam Killaney Princess(af3) reg no af02828507

#6 ·
I traced my first registered lab right back to the first registered yellow lab in England...I used labrador retriever books that listed lots of pedigrees. Luckily for me, Travis' grandparent was a champion and in the most recent book so I had a place to start.

Isn't all-breed registry great? My horses are in there! (well...two out of three!_

#7 ·
rayluckgoo its fantastic its also good for building a full pedigree if you can trace the missing pedigree, i did it with my tb fill using the racing post site and built her full pedigree. all mine are on it and makes life easy for reference point.

#9 ·
apperantly over here its all computer generated now so the breeders don't give a hand written pedigree with the puppies no more just a puppy registration paper, and you can purchase a five gen ped from them at a fee of £20
This is a red flag. I am not sure where you got your puppy from, but all reputable breeders will provide a paper copy of the puppies pedigree upon purchase. You should not have to pay an extra £20 to receive a copy of the pedigree.

I tried searching for your Labs sire and dam but came up with nothing. I could not find them on the Optigen database, either.

Do you have the names of any of the other dogs in the pedigree?

#11 ·
I don't recognize the registration numbers as similar to those of any registry I've searched for before...what registry is she registered through? (ie- AKC, Canadian KC, etc.)
Julie, from the OP's posts I gathered that he or she was in the UK.

I searched and could not find any information about the dogs in question. My guess is that they are pet bred dogs and if the OP only has the names of the sire and the dam, any further infomation on ancestors will prove difficult to trace.

#12 ·
hi there going to send off for her full five gen ped its all computerised now in the uk, so the breeders no longer require to write it out, I seen the written papers of both the dog and the *****, but i have a bad memory ::) and as lab pedigree means nothing to me at the moment but willing to learn. when i get her five gen pedigree certificate i will post the names and see what you can make of it.
thanks alot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.