Favorite Dog Quotes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Dog Quotes

jlab Guest

DefaultFavorite Dog Quotes

I thought it would be interesting to put together some of our favorite dog quotes. The following quote is from one of Gene Hill's books. Gene owned labs and was obviously inspired by them.

"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever — in case I need him. And I expect I will — as I always have. He is just my dog."

Gene Hill
    Tears and Laughter

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Favorite Dog Quotes

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. ~John Holmes

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~Emily Dickinson

Those are a few of my faves.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

My favorite, "If your dog is overweight you are not getting enough exercise."

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

One of my favorite "dog" quotes is in my signature.

"There is nothing as affectionate as a wet dog" by Ambrose Bierce

I know Lexi is this way, when she comes in from being out in the rain, she always wants to love up on me. Though not cause she loves me, but cause she wants to dry her face on my pant leg.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

jlab Guest

Yes, those are all excellent quotes, many there that I had not heard before. Here's another one of my favorites from Gene Hill:

"I can't imagine living in a house without a couple of dogs. If I ever got out of bed at night and didn't have to step over a Labrador or two or three, or move one off the covers so I could turn over, my nights would be more restless and the demons that wait in the dark for me would be less easily fended."

Gene Hill
    Tears and Laughter

Tundra Aries Guest

My favorite, "If your dog is overweight you are not getting enough exercise."
    hehehe I like that one!

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

My favorite:

"The gift I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." Theodorus Gaza

jlab Guest

"I know that dogs are pack animals, but it's difficult to imagine a pack of standard poodles . . . and if there was such a thing as a pack of standard poodles, where would they rove to? Bloomingdale's?"

Yvonne Clifford

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. - Franklin P Jones

Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog. - Charles Duran

Just a few of my favs.

k8show is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912
    I love that one!! So true! It's so fun to act like a fool with a lab!
    Katie and Boo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast