Furminater

Thread: Furminater

DefaultFurminater

What does everyone think of this shedding brush?
    I would like to hear about it before i spend 55$ on one!
    Is there another brush that you reccomend? We are starting to see hair ALL over the house, and whilemy daughter likes to eat it (lol :) Its getting pretty noticible!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Furminater

I love mine. Seems to do the job better than any other "brush" I have used. I have not used it on long haired dogs but it works wonders on our Lab. Looks like he loses 15 lbs when we get done with him hehe :P

Tundra Aries Guest

I only spent about $10.00 on mine and it works really good, got mine at petco.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Petco had a sale recently, do not know if it is still on.

Check eBay, they show up at a good price ($35) sometimes.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Love mine, too. And you can get the large one on Amazon for $35.

jan elaine Guest

Hey Courtney! How old is your puppy now? Maggie isn't shedding a great deal yet. She is turning 4 months on Friday.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

$35 at amazon and free shipping.

Thinking about getting one, just not sure what kind of damage it may do to the undercoat. With the -0 temps in my area, they really need that undercoat.

Although with the boulders of fur rolling across my floors right now, you would have never known they need that extra fur.

Kathryn Guest

I posted about this a week or so ago. i was worried about it PULLING the undercoat out and not just brushing out the dead stuff. Labs were made with undercoat for a reason. I do not want to do anything to hurt their coat in any way. With 4 labs I need something that is worth my time and wont hurt my girls.
    We have a zoom groom and it seems to be working the best for me. I have tried a few diffrent brushes from Petco(but not the furminater) I am so glad the except returns because i have yet to find something better than my zoom groom.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

My hunt test running, duck hunting in cold water all season lab gets Furminated all the time. None the worse for wear, and the couch no longer looks like it has a fur quilt on it.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

The are making spin-offs of the Furminator now that are selling in some opf the pet catalogs. As far as I can tell the Furminator is just a clipper blade mounted on a handle. It works great, but there has to be a cheaper way of doing the same thing.