Need Name Advice

Thread: Need Name Advice

DefaultNeed Name Advice

I gotta name a male dog soon. I was originally going to call this dog Magnet. But people are telling me that it's too hard to say. They say that people will end up calling him maggie or mags. I also was considering dusty. Dust for short. Some people like that, others hate it. What do you guys think? I'm also open for other suggestions. I don't want a cutsie name. I want a good solid male name, but not anything as extremem as Magnum or Gunner. This will not be a hunting dog.

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need Name Advice

I always let the dog name itself... make a list and try them out till one obviously 'clicks' with looks and personality.

You've found a puppy?

No, I haven't found one yet. But I'm keeping my eye on the Humane society for one to come up. It's a waiting game.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

It was hard for us to find names, we kept going back and forth with them, I would yell out the name and kept doing this and would feel and see if it felt right, after a couple of yells we knew Tundra was perfect for him and Aries was the sign Aries so we just gave him that right away.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Let the dog help, but the name is going to be coming out of your mouth, A LOT! Pick something that you like and will be comfortable/happy with. Doesn't matter what others, is included, think.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    I always let the dog name itself... make a list and try them out till one obviously 'clicks' with looks and personality.
    I agree - you don't want to decide on a name, then have it not suit your pup. Magnet is a bit hard for a dog name, and you definitely want to consider what it will get shortened to.

Have you decided on a color, or will you take the first one that you fall in love with?
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Make a list of all the names you like and then pick one after the pup comes home. You may even choose something totally different to whatever you have on your list. I agree with letting the pup name itself if you are really stuck for ideas or not set on a particular name.

I enjoy normal people names for dogs. Hence Roger.

I also like "people" names too for dogs...

I agree though, make a list of the ones you like, and then see what your pup/dog's personality is.

(and, who cares what other people like or don't like about your dog's name? He's YOUR dog. )

Just be sure you pick a name that won't be embarrassing to shout out loud in public. ;D