Bathtime fun!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bathtime fun!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultBathtime fun!!

I worked the night shift last night, and was freezing cold when I got home this morning (don't know why, but working the night shift always makes me sooo cold.)

So, I decided I'd have a bath before going to bed to hopefully warm up a bit. Now, I'm not a real "bath" person, I rarely have them, and if I do it will be before bed at night, when the dogs are already tucked away in their crates.

Peanut won't join me in the bathroom, as she's afraid she'll get pulled in for a bath (whenever she needs a bath I just bring her in the shower with me, kills two birds with one stone! ) but I didn't think about Baloo. ;D

OMG, I have not been that entertained in the bath since I was little and making "potion" with the shampoo and conditioner. Baloo stood at the side of the tub the whole time. He would stick his whole face in the bath and blow bubbles furiously. Then the sound of the bubbles breaking the water would startle him, so he'd JUMP back and stare at where the bubbles had been for a minute, water dribbling off his chin, face soaking wet, eyes all squint-y. Then he would pounce on the spot, biting and pawing at the water.

I spent what was supposed to be a relaxing bath laughing hysterically! ;D

Does anyone else have a lab that provides free-of-charge bath time entertainment!? ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bathtime fun!!

LOL. What, no video. ;D Nellie hates to be bathed and won't come near the bathroom.

Blue loves watching dh or the boys in the bath..she'll lick the tub and everything but getting her in it is another story!! Same with the hose, doesn't like to get wet but she sure likes puddles..go figure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I rarely take a bath unless I go in to soak & relax. The girls will come & try to lick the bubbles & stand up on the sdge of the tub with their frontpaws. Funny but not very relaxing.

Sounds like you & Baloo had a good time.

jan elaine Guest

Nope! Maggie hates getting a bath but loves playing with the hose. Go figure!? : Bet you will take more baths now that you have a bath buddy!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nellies mom
    LOL. What, no video. ;D
    HA! That's what Dan said. "Next time we'll have to get a video". Ummm... NO!!

Quote Originally Posted by momtoBlue
    Blue loves watching dh or the boys in the bath..she'll lick the tub and everything but getting her in it is another story!!
    hee hee, I was having a hard time keeping him from jumping in!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

LOL @ Baloo!!

I think Karina has got a good video!!

Henery never liked coming in when I took a bath at our old house... I think all the steam and the sound of the whirlpool jets freaked him out a little. He'd always go and lay by the door, but stick his wee head in.

Cooper can't come up where the bathroom is. My previous dog, a bassett, used to barge in the bathroom (the door wouldn't close tight and he'd push on it to force it open!), put his front paws on the edge of the tub and eat the bubbles. Of couse, his ears would be half in the water as well. I thought it was cute as hell.

Bev.

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Too funny. Yup, I was hoping for pics too. ;D

Bella

hark67 is offline Senior Member

I can just picture Baloo with the bubbles. Too cute! Guthrie is not a fan of the bathtub .....maybe some bubble bath might be the secret??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast