Pink nose....
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pink nose....

  1. #1
    kaznalf's Avatar
    kaznalf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,737

    DefaultPink nose....

    Just been reading few other threads and have noticed some of your yellows have black noses...alfies is pink is that odd? is it supposed 2 be pink or doesnt it matter?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,990

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    Cooper's was black but over time it has become brownish/black, especially in the wintertime. It's from digging in the snow & rubbing his face in it, I think.

    Has yours always had a pink nose? Perhaps you have a Dudley - I'll let someone else who has one chime in and describe. I love Dudleys.

    Bev.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,512

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    your dog is not a Dudley. Check out Taffy'sMom's picture. Taffy is a dudley. Dudley's are a combination of Chocolates and Yellows. My Nellie's nose has gone from brown to pink over the years. It started with pink in the winter returning to brown in summer. I don't know if it has to do with length of daylight or cold temps though.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Gene Guest

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    It's called a snow nose. Has something to do with lack of direct sun rays in the winter.

  7. #5
    kaznalf's Avatar
    kaznalf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,737

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    It's called a snow nose. Has something to do with lack of direct sun rays in the winter.
    Just looked back on some old pics he had blacker nose before winter so yep sounds like a snow nose lol

  8. #6
    Rushpuppy's Avatar
    Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    12,420

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    As you can see in my pic, Rush is a dudley. She has the pink lips, eye rims and nose. I know it's not a desirable trait but I love her pinkness. ;D


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,990

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    Quote Originally Posted by rushpuppy
    As you can see in my pic, Rush is a dudley. She has the pink lips, eye rims and nose. I know it's not a desirable trait but I love her pinkness. ;D
    I love her pinkness too! At the end of the day, does it really matter what colour their fur/noses are?! They are Labs, a wonderful breed, an even more wonderful companion and an endless source of entertainment & love.

    Bev.

  10. #8
    HersheyK's Dad's Avatar
    HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, MN
    Posts
    10,307

    DefaultRe: Pink nose....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    Quote Originally Posted by rushpuppy
    As you can see in my pic, Rush is a dudley. She has the pink lips, eye rims and nose. I know it's not a desirable trait but I love her pinkness. ;D
    I love her pinkness too! At the end of the day, does it really matter what colour their fur/noses are?! They are Labs, a wonderful breed, an even more wonderful companion and an endless source of entertainment & love.

    Bev.
    Yes! I agree fully. And it doesn't even matter that our Chocolates have brown brains. ;D ;D ;D
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25