Pink nose....

Thread: Pink nose....

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultPink nose....

Just been reading few other threads and have noticed some of your yellows have black noses...alfies is pink is that odd? is it supposed 2 be pink or doesnt it matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Pink nose....

Cooper's was black but over time it has become brownish/black, especially in the wintertime. It's from digging in the snow & rubbing his face in it, I think.

Has yours always had a pink nose? Perhaps you have a Dudley - I'll let someone else who has one chime in and describe. I love Dudleys.

Bev.

your dog is not a Dudley. Check out Taffy'sMom's picture. Taffy is a dudley. Dudley's are a combination of Chocolates and Yellows. My Nellie's nose has gone from brown to pink over the years. It started with pink in the winter returning to brown in summer. I don't know if it has to do with length of daylight or cold temps though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gene Guest

It's called a snow nose. Has something to do with lack of direct sun rays in the winter.

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    It's called a snow nose. Has something to do with lack of direct sun rays in the winter.
    Just looked back on some old pics he had blacker nose before winter so yep sounds like a snow nose lol

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

As you can see in my pic, Rush is a dudley. She has the pink lips, eye rims and nose. I know it's not a desirable trait but I love her pinkness. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by rushpuppy
    As you can see in my pic, Rush is a dudley. She has the pink lips, eye rims and nose. I know it's not a desirable trait but I love her pinkness. ;D
    I love her pinkness too! At the end of the day, does it really matter what colour their fur/noses are?! They are Labs, a wonderful breed, an even more wonderful companion and an endless source of entertainment & love.

Bev.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    Quote Originally Posted by rushpuppy
    I love her pinkness too! At the end of the day, does it really matter what colour their fur/noses are?! They are Labs, a wonderful breed, an even more wonderful companion and an endless source of entertainment & love.

Bev.
    Yes! I agree fully. And it doesn't even matter that our Chocolates have brown brains. ;D ;D ;D
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.