What Time Do Your Dogs Go To Bed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Time Do Your Dogs Go To Bed?

DefaultWhat Time Do Your Dogs Go To Bed?

In the last six months or so Dee seems to be going to sleep earlier at night. While this would have sounded like a dream come true in the first couple of years I have to say it worries me a bit. Her main exercise for the day is about an hours leisurely walk. A couple of times a week we go to classes. Other than that we play a bit or do a little training in the yard....nothing terribly strenous. She is an only dog so doesn't wear herself out with siblings. Of course it's winter and dark fairly early right now, but she always used to be on the go in the house. I wouldn't say she was ever a high energy dog....just always busy looking for something to get in to. : Anyway, if we're not specifically doing something, now for the most part she'll just lay down and go to sleep. She has her evening meal at around 6:30 and she's often sleeping by about 7:30. Then she'll get up and go into her night time bed at around 10:00 or 11:00. She oftens asks to go to bed. (of course she gets a cookie when she goes, so that could be part of it ) She gets up for her breakfast at around 8:00. Her appetite is great. She's had blood work done not that long ago (including thyroid) and it was fine. Her weight is perfect. Do you think she's just finally growing up? A question (especially for those with only one dog that isn't getting a ton of play with other dogs): How many hours a day do you figure your dogs sleep? TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What Time Do Your Dogs Go To Bed?

Alfie has 2 walks a day, plays outside most of the day either on his own with penny or us, has 2 meals, is 10 months old. He comes in about 6pm has his tea then goes and lays in front room but keeps getting up trying to find something to play with then falls asleep probably about 8pm...goes outside for last wee at 10pm and then goes in his bed until half 7 in week and half 8 on weekends.

Cinnamon goes to bed with me by 8pm most nights (I leave for work by 5am) some nights she will stay up with dad and snag junk food.

However she will sleep until 10am if I let her. She is a self regulator and knows we will feed her when she gets up. In fact she is still in bed now and I have been up for 15 minutes. It is now 8:13am MST.

But I have noticed starting at about 2 years of age she started sleeping more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cooper gets two walks a day plus playing in the snow time each evening. He's alone during the day and I am sure he sleeps a good portion of it. During the evening, he just sort of snoozes a little bit; he's watching me for the most part to see what little goodies he can get! I brush his teeth around 9 pm, he gets a treat before I brush then he's off to bed. On nights where it's past 9 pm, he sort of paces around, it's like he knows I'm late with the treats & brushing! He's 5 and has always been an evening snoozer, even as a pup. He likes his shuteye!

Bev.

patm is offline Senior Member

Dogs sleep ALOT depending on their schedules. Mine sleep in our house all night, have about 10 minutes of "potty time" early in the morning (around 5:30 am) , then go to their outside kennel and are quiet all day. When I get home, they get a longer run in the woods , about a half-hour, are up the rest of the evening with us, get training, about 15 minutes each and chill out the rest of the evening. Skippy mostly snoozes on his bed, and Emilu spends her time going in and out to the front porch, where she lays on her "chaise lounge". On the weekends they snooze during the day, but are ready at a moments notice to go with us whenever we go outside to do something. If I come home early during the day, they are more than happy to come inside and resume sleeping. But when I come home at the regular time they are ready for their walks.

Nellie puts herself to bed about 8 p.m. I follow shortly after. She gets at least one good romp per day (about 1 hour) sometimes 2. She mostly sleeps inbetween. She is most active between 3-5 p.m., bringing me toys to play with and going from window to window watching activities outside.

Henry goes to bed with me, whatever time that is. He will alternately nap and have zoomies in the evenings, though, and if he's *really* tired, will put himself to bed (on my bed). That's rare though, he's too much of a momma's boy, so he'll either be on the couch with me, or next to my computer.

Gene Guest

When they are not butt tucking, playing bitey face, eating, or walking, they sleep ALL the time. But at around 10:30 P.M. they start scratching at the bedroom door to tell me it is our bed time. They get up at 5:00 A.M. with me, wait an hour while I drink a pot of coffee, and then demand their walk

Tundra Aries Guest

Aries and Tundra go to bed between 9-10, depending if SU and I are still up, they'll go to bed later.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

My two pretty much go to bed around 9 PM.

Maxie, who I had for 14 years, used to let us know when it was bed time. She would fling open our bedroom door with quite the theatrical production. If my wife didn't follow her into our bedroom she would come back out to the living room and stare at Lorri. She obviously thought her betime was Lorri's too.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast