GRRRRRRRRRR -- Rant

Thread: GRRRRRRRRRR -- Rant

lablimo is offline Senior Member

DefaultGRRRRRRRRRR -- Rant

Ok, I need to rant a bit. This morning when Haylee and I were on our walk we came across a van with two dogs inside of it -- parked in the sun and only the back windows (you know those van back windows -- they don't roll down, but pop open a few inches) -- well that is all the air those poor dogs were getting. One was a small dog and the other was a large dog -- couldn't tell what breed. My blood started to boil. I did not see anyone around. So, I called the police and explained the situation. They said someone would be right over. I don't care if those dogs had only been out there a little while -- we all know how short a time it takes for a car to heat up inside with little or no ventilation. I don't know why people feel it is OK to leave their dogs in the car, in the sun with little ventilation. >

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: GRRRRRRRRRR -- Rant

Pending on the weather I can see a problem. But if it is not too bad out and they get air, I do not see the problem if it is for a little bit to run into a store or something.

We have a lot of that situation out in my area. The weather is horrible in southeast Texas, very hot and humid! If we have to run in the store for a minute we leave the A/C running and lock it with a spare key. We don't leave them for long here, even with the A/C!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I, too, agree that if it is just for a minute then there is no problem. However, the little dog was panting quite a bit and the morning, although not hot, was warm in the direct sun. The only windows cracked were the ones in the back of the van -- not even enough room for a dog to get his face out and get some fresh air. My gut told me to call someone. My hormonal body may have overreacted , but I was concerned for those two dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by lablimo
    I, too, agree that if it is just for a minute then there is no problem. However, the little dog was panting quite a bit and the morning, although not hot, was warm in the direct sun. The only windows cracked were the ones in the back of the van -- not even enough room for a dog to get his face out and get some fresh air. My gut told me to call someone. My hormonal body may have overreacted , but I was concerned for those two dogs.
    How did the officer react?

I could not wait around for the officer -- I explained the situation to the officer over the phone and told him I wasn't sure if this was an emergency, but I would appreciate it if someone would come and check out the situation.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Things like that amaze me. I hope they find the owners and "educate" them on properly caring for their dogs.

Cold or hot I don't leave Tal alone in my Jeep...all anybody would have to do is unzip the windows. When I get a vehicle with glass windows, I will never leave him unattended in a hot car. Too dangerous.