Labrapals...it seems I've gots a problem!

Thread: Labrapals...it seems I've gots a problem!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultLabrapals...it seems I've gots a problem!

Well labrapals, you may (or may not) have heard from Stacey, that I don't have a very good "recall" as she likes to call it. She tries very hard to get me to come all of the time, but come on...wouldn't you rather sniff at things that you haven't sniffed before?

Anyways, I digress. My recall inside the house and in our backyard has been superb lately. I come each time I'm called and sometimes I get a treat....I always gets lots of lovins and praise. So today Stacey decided we would go for a walk to the park, she attached the biiiiiig long leash to my collar and we ran around some. Then she told me to sit and to stay. She walked away about 20 paws or so (oh she says about 10 or 15 feet) and she said to me "Molly...HERE!!!"...and just as she said this something caught my eye (she thinks it was squirelly...I couldn't tell ya) and I runned off after it

Ohhhh this did not make Stacey happy. She used her...i really mean this voice and said "NO...MOLLY HERE!"...I turned and looked at her, ran towards her, but stopped. She stepped on the biiiiiiiig loooooong leash and put the no fun short one back on. She said I was lucky that I had the long leash on and she could catch me.

What was so wrong? I just wanted to chase something. I figure that coming when she calls inside the house and yard is good enough don't you? It's not like I ran off into traffic. *sigh* She was very unhappy with me. I guess maybe next time I should just come the first time.

Your sad pal,
    Molly
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Labrapals...it seems I've gots a problem!

Molly, we agree! Me and Champ come real good in the house when Mom or Dad calls us, so why do we hafta come at the park when there's sooo many neat smells? I mean, give us a break!

Buddy and Champ
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Molly,

I know whatcha mean. I wish these peeps wuld just learn to have fun! Jus look cute. That alwayz gets 'em

Tal

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Molly, HK here. Ya gotta go to her when she calls. Everytime, everywhere. Let me tell you why. See, you thinks she is training you so she can show off how well she has you trained. But really she is trying to teach you to come to her when she calls so that she can keep you safe and protect you. I'm not sure what we need protection from, but we gots to do it. And dere is good tings dat happen as soon as we get them to tink we got it. Got it good, every time. See, dey call us a lot fer dis training time. Dey need to build confidence sat we got it. Once dey get dat confidence in us, dey don't call us so much. But da really good part is dat dey let us run free more, no leashy ting, long or short. Dats why we gotta listen to dem and help dem build dat confidence ting. More freedom, more niffing. Yep, we gotta do it.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

*sigh*

Dat makes sense HK. Stacey says one day I'll learn, until then she just gots to keep working with me. I gots to admiyure her patience with me.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Molly, listen to Stacey, the more you do the more freedom you will have! :-* Your Labrapal, Sammi!