JL Business Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JL Business Guide

JollyMolly Guest

DefaultJL Business Guide

I'm just thinking out loud here, brain storming a bit.

I know there are other people on here that have their own business or online business.

I have a few directories sitting on my desk. I have the Christian business directory. A mini phonebook listing Christian businesses. I have the Republican business directory. I also have a Chamber directory of all business that are members of the Chamber of Commerce for the city.

Wouldnt it be cool to have a thread that is the JL business directory that we could sticky somewhere?

We could all post our website links or an email address and a blurb about our company.

For example, I really need to order a replacement Longaberger pottery piece but I have no local person in my area, so I'd much rather order it from a JL member or a family member of a JL member than a stranger. I also need some pampered chef cinnamon and mary kay moisturizer.

I was thinking, and I'm open to someone else taking my idea and running with it in another direction,
    People could pm/email me their webaddress, ad graphic, email, paragraph about them, what ever they want to include. Then I can organize it into sections and post it in a thread that Daniel could sticky, maybe in the classified section (although that doesnt get much traffic.) I know anyone can post their business in the classifieds but how many people read that? And after awhile your thread gets buried.

This way when people need something, or just want to do a little shopping they could refer to the JL's member's businesses.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: JL Business Guide

I think it's a great idea, Laur!

My husband is an excellent carpenter, although we don't have a website. Besides...I don't think any of you live near us anyway. :-\

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

That is a good idea. I have 2 businesses actually that I deal with shipping and buying over the internet. (And I meet one of your wishes above. )

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Best idea I have heard in a while. I always prefer to spend money with friends over strangers.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    I think it's a great idea, Laur!

My husband is an excellent carpenter, although we don't have a website. Besides...I don't think any of you live near us anyway. :-\
    Yeah, but I do. And I'll definitely be keeping him in mind if we ever need to hire a carpenter.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Hey, Laurie. I'm a Mary Kay consultant. Just let me know what you need. You can visit my website and order from there if you want. It comes to me and I fill it from my stock.
    www.marykay.com/mfishel

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Excellent idea, Laurie!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Great idea Laurie, I don't have a business or talent :P- but I really would love to have the resources for purchasing stuff! DH does wonderful woodworking and hopes to do this when he retires in 3 yrs. just for something fun!

Hey!
    I think that is an awesome idea! Im a real estate attorney in NY and DH is a mortgage broker that does loans all over the country! I would definitely be interested in being included in some sort of business guide!
    Christine

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammys Mom
    Hey!
    I think that is an awesome idea! Im a real estate attorney in NY and DH is a mortgage broker that does loans all over the country! I would definitely be interested in being included in some sort of business guide!
    Christine
    If you ever need an attorney in Hawaii for whatever reason, let me know! (not an attorney, but work for a large firm)
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast