Does anyone own leather furniture?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own leather furniture?

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultDoes anyone own leather furniture?

I have a couch I am getting rid of this week and I really have my heart set on leather for a new one. Does anyone have leather furniture and how does it hold up with the dogs?

Everyone is telling me Im crazy and theyll tear it up, but Im sick of fabric. It absorbs everything, dirt, odor.

Is there a type of leather thats better then another as far as being easy to puncture?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone own leather furniture?

Kate, Baloo, has a leather couch. We have a leather recliner that was fine, the one chair in the family room HK was not allowed on. Oooops! She found the recliner release lever and chewed it up, most of the leather gone. Nust have thought it was a piece of rawhide that day.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I have a leather couch and so do several others here. I have 4 dogs, and the couch still looks wonderful. It is SO much easier to clean, than fabric.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    I have a leather couch and so do several others here. I have 4 dogs, and the couch still looks wonderful. It is SO much easier to clean, than fabric.

Melissa
    Really? Wow. See my cousin has one that I thought would be alright with my dogs, but she told me she threw the loveseat out last year when her daughters Easter heel ripped it. And I thought if a 9 year olds heel can rip leather, maybe its not a good idea.

We have a leather couch and love it because the hair doesn't stick to it. Our pups are no longer allowed on the furniture though because we are afraid of them ripping it by accident. :-\ Although my beagle occasionally gets to sit on my lap...he's quite a bit smaller than the others though! : It didn't take them long to learn the new couch was off limits...they did wonderful and we are happy that we have a little place that is our own! :P

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I have a couple of them from Eathen Allen (or ever how you spell it) and they look like new. Just dont get "soft saddle" leather.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

we have a leather sofa and chair w/ ottoman. They are the thick heavy aniline dyed leather. They are about 3 years old.
    Best thing we ever bought. I would never go back to upholstery.

This type of leather, you can scratch it with your nails, but then rub the leather and the heat of your hand redistributes the wax/oils in the leather and they fade.
    I upkeep with a leather conditioner.

Things I looked for in buying these pieces. Down wrapped cushions, zip off covers so that we could replace cushions if necessary, solid hardwood construction.
    Buy the best you can afford.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Just bought a Leather sofa about month and half ago and love it! Sammi shares sometimes! http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/sammi131.jpg

I have had this set for over 6 years...it has held up very well for having 3 dogs with long nails laying on it. It was not the best quality to begin with...I think I paid $900 for everything. It is the kind of leather that wrinkles when you first start using it and the wrinkles stay...I don't know how to describe it (flexible?). I am pleased with it though!

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrock
    we have a leather sofa and chair w/ ottoman. They are the thick heavy aniline dyed leather. They are about 3 years old.
    Best thing we ever bought. I would never go back to upholstery.

This type of leather, you can scratch it with your nails, but then rub the leather and the heat of your hand redistributes the wax/oils in the leather and they fade.
    I upkeep with a leather conditioner.

Things I looked for in buying these pieces. Down wrapped cushions, zip off covers so that we could replace cushions if necessary, solid hardwood construction.
    Buy the best you can afford.

That is what I figured. I stopped at one furniture place on the way home and there is definitely a difference in leather that varies. My neices sofa is very thick, the surface is almost rugged not smooth.

I was torn between getting something cheap in case they do rip it, I wouldnt have a heart attack, but something cheap would be easier ripped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast