Westminster Dog Show

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultWestminster Dog Show

I have always loved dogs and always had an interest in different breeds; however itís amazing when watching a dog show like this how many breeds or variety of breeds I have never seen or even heard of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Westminster Dog Show

Quote Originally Posted by fburke

.... itís amazing when watching a dog show like this how many breeds or variety of breeds I have never seen or even heard of.
    Here too!
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

labby is offline Senior Member

You should go to an UKC show sometime. I've been showing AKC for 30 years. My first UKC show I was like, "WTH is that???" It was a Leonburger, BTW. Hadn't ever seen one before (they are so big!) so I started talking to Julie the gal who had them.

UKC also has Wire Haired Vizslas. Looks just like a short haired Viz but with wirey hair.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    You should go to an UKC show sometime. I've been showing AKC for 30 years. My first UKC show I was like, "WTH is that???" It was a Leonburger, BTW. Hadn't ever seen one before (they are so big!) so I started talking to Julie the gal who had them.

UKC also has Wire Haired Vizslas. Looks just like a short haired Viz but with wirey hair.
    I checked out the UKC site the other day to see what shows were in my area (NY/NJ)- - -not many! Seems to be more active in Midwest and Western states. There are several breeds in UKC I like a lot and would love to see in a show.