Hershey Kisses' Dad needs brain transplant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hershey Kisses' Dad needs brain transplant

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHershey Kisses' Dad needs brain transplant

Normal weekend morning routine.

Up a 6 +/- half hour.
    Shower, dress, feed HK, out for p&p
    Inside to check email, and message boards.
    8:00 head for Dog Park

p&p this morning was d*** cold. Checked temp and windchill on net. -15F with -37F windchill. Sorry, HK! No dog park today. Smart! Ed!

8:15 - HK is whining, barking, bouncing at garage door. She knows it is Sunday and wants to go to dog park. Ed gives in. DW expresses concern about my mental state.

Decides on smaller park, only 3/4 miles loop instead of 1.3 miles. Will quit after one loop if too cold.

Only one car in lot, not a good sign. Where is everyone? (Home in warm beds)

Meet lady with lab, crazy woman. Says something about avoiding open area, wind is a lot worse. Have a nice day.

Knit scarf over face is worthless. Exposed skin is freezing. Legs are freezing and my legs never get cold. HK is having a blast running, bouncing, chasing anything that move.

Get to open area. Wind is really bad, but only a 1/4 mile to car this way. Turning around is a 1/2 mile back. Go forward tough guy. Meet another lady with another LAB? These women with Labs are nuts. (Please note, two crazy ladies, only one crazy man) HK still having a ball, no indication that cold is affecting her other than increased adrenaline.

Safe! Got to car. HK doesn't want to get in car. Too short a walk, I guess. She is usually great at coming back. Takes 5 minutes to get her in car. HEAT ON!

Decide to find hot chocolate to warm up insides. Get one for DW also.

DW greets me with, 'I called the kids (31,31,33 years old). They all say you have to see psychiatrist. You need serious help. You are nuts.' I gave her the hot chocolate anyway.

They may be right.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hershey Kisses' Dad needs brain transplant

I think they are right--no way would I go out in that!! On days like that the boys have to be contented with the back yard!!
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Your family is right, you're nuts!

I must have spoiled pansy pants dogs! We are having terrible winds with snow. White out conditions. I had to drive 20 mph (speed limit is 55) home from church with the emergency flashers on. I get home and figured, if the dogs are go out it's now or never, since once I get in the warm house, I won't go back out. I stand there with the door open. Jake puts his head out and backs up. Jazzy at least steps out and then turns around and comes back in. I'm safe! They don't want to go out in it either!!!

Brookville, Pa.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Not only are you nuts, you are to blame. You've conditioned her to expect it. Ya gotta keep these dogs guessing or they'll outsmart you every time.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Hee hee... Karina and I (another 2 crazy ladies) did the same thing with our labs today! And it's about -15C with the windchill or more here... will post pics later!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

We have the same temps, howling winds, and at times the snow is blowing so bad I can't see the evergreens 20 feet from the window. The boys are bugging to go to the park - ain't no way!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Yep your nuts, but hey I loved the story and HK loves her daddy!!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Nuts, yep you're nuts. But then so is my DH. He took the girls out this morning for a game of fetch in the yard. I was freezing my butt off just watching them. It's so danged cold....6 degrees wind chill of -12

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I was at the DP this morning too! I guess I'm one of those crazy lab ladies.

But, Peanut was out there too, so I figure if she can take the cold, then I sure as heck can. ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Joey is offline Senior Member

Well my husband and I are nuts like you too then!!!

Yesterday it was beautiful here, +2 and sunny so I planned on us taking Cooper to a new trail I had heard about this morning (kids were having a sleepover at the grandparents so we could actually walk normal speed without them). Anyways I didn't realized how cold it was going to get today.

It is -16 Celsius but feels like -29 with the up to 59km winds, but we got in the car and left anyways. And it actually turned out to be really nice. The trail we went to was blocked by the hills and trees all around us and by the end of the walk we were both hot!!! Getting out of the car at home was a different story and I'm dreading going back out for another walk later. Sitting here I can hear the wind blowing outside and rattling the windows, ahhh it will not be fun and tomorrow is supposed to be the same.

It's amazing what we do for our dogs, wouldn't dream of doing it if I didn't have him around.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast