It's almost midnight and guess what I'm doing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's almost midnight and guess what I'm doing?

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultIt's almost midnight and guess what I'm doing?

Just got back from the last potty walk before going to bed, and Skippy got SKUNKED! Big time! So the wind is starting up, it's beginning to rain, and I'm out on the back deck using the De-Skunk shampoo - lather, wait, rinse, repeat, then a regular bath with deodorizing shampoo, then take all the clean dog towels out of the dryer and dry him, then spray the carpet he laid on in the house and set in the garage, then take all my clothes off and toss them in the washer along with my jacket , shoes and dog towels, then calm Emilu down (she's more traumatized than he is , just watchting him get a bath), now off to take and shower and then.........go to bed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It's almost midnight and guess what I'm doing?

Oh my. We have never been skunked thank goodness!! I wouldn't know what to do!!
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

We do alot of outdoor activities so know we have only been lucky and our time is coming! So sorry, your having to deal with this! YIKES

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I definitely could think of better things to do at midnight. I sympathize with you and your dog(s). Haven't had to deal with it yet, but the time will come. I am sure. We do have skunks in the neighborhood.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Tundra Aries Guest

Oh, I'm so sorry, that smell is horrible You must be sleeping now, I'm sure it took you a LONG time to clean.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I feel for ya !!! Been there, done that ! It only happens when it isn't convenient...... here it's usually first thing in the morning, when we get up and have to get ready for work. It's still dark outside, and the skunk is IN our fenced yard. And they come in and rub all over EVERYTHING !!! It is THE worst smell there is !

We use vinegar.,.... I spray the dog with vinegar, and everything they touched .....that seems to neutralize the scent.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

patm is offline Senior Member

The "De-Skunk" works well and you can just keep a bottle or two on hand for those "special times". Of course you're supposed to use warm water to wash and rinse them in, but he got it straight out of the outside hose. I think this is the worst he's ever been, and probably took a direct hit to the face. After I got him all done and back in his bed, I had to do his nose again - didn't really get it the first time and it really smelled! Not too bad this morning. Need to do his collar again, but that's about it. SU had wanted me to put him in the outside kennel last night and wash him in the morning, but I'm gald I got it done last night and didn't have to do it first thing in the morning.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

OH NO! Glad to hear the shampoo worked. I have smelled skunks every now and then, but knock wood, they don't seem to come close to the house around here.

Of course, now that I've said that... :P

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

georgie is offline Senior Member

Poor Skippy. Of all the animals Abby has run after & caught, thank goodness she has never tangled with a skunk.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

it is only a matter of time before one of my girls gets skunked....

poor you...poor Skippy. yuk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast