A Valley soldier is shipped off to war but he has to leave his dog behind.

Thread: A Valley soldier is shipped off to war but he has to leave his dog behind.

DefaultA Valley soldier is shipped off to war but he has to leave his dog behind.

Athens Alabama...This poor guy doesn't have much time. I just wanted to make him as visible as possible to anyone who may be able to help him find a home.

Now the dog sits in the pound waiting for a new owner.

The fight for his life in this report.

Walking through the dog pound, past a few sad caged puppies, you come to cage number six; it's the new home of Bull.

Just two days ago the 10 year old Labrador-Retriever mix was brought by his owner to The Dog Pound of Athens.

His story is sad indeed.

"He just begged us to please do what we can to help him," says Director Timberly Carter.

Bull lived with his owner for 10 years, but a sudden change in plans left Bull all by himself.

"The boy left to go to the ARMY, he doesn't have any family in the area, he doesn't know anybody to leave the dog with to care for it, so he had to bring it to us and he brought it the afternoon he was shipping out," explains Carter.

His last alternative the pound says the boy left in tears, the dog obviously depressed.

A quick trip outside lets him bask in the sunlight, and show you his personality.

"He's a big dog, he's sweet, just a big baby, he's good with kids, he's house broke, he's good with other animals," Carter says.

But sadly Bull's time is precious.

"With him being an older dog he's doesn't stand as good of a chance as some of the puppies unfortunately he would have to be euthanized," Carter says.

For now, Bull fights for his life at the same time his owner is fighting for his country.

If you would like to adopt Bull or any other animal at the shelter give the dog pound a call at 256-771-7889, or you can email them at [email protected].

To contact Robyn, email her at [email protected].

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Valley soldier is shipped off to war but he has to leave his dog behind.

I hope the dog finds a new home.

Not to be mean, this man is risking his life for his country but....wouldn't he know it's possible he'd be called upon? Don't soldiers usually have abit more heads-up anyway? shouldn't he have made back-up plans in case this happened? One does have to sign up for the army right
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

DefaultRe: A Valley soldier is shipped off to war but he has to leave his dog behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    I hope the dog finds a new home.

Not to be mean, this man is risking his life for his country but....wouldn't he know it's possible he'd be called upon? Don't soldiers usually have abit more heads-up anyway? shouldn't he have made back-up plans in case this happened? One does have to sign up for the army right
    All of that may be true, but it doesn't change anything for Bull at the moment.

Here is another photo that was posted on petfinder:

His petfinder page: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10210533

Information about the dog pound:
    open Monday-Saturday for adoptions!
    Mon,Wed,Fri= 8:00am-4:30pm
    Tue,Thur= 8:00am-5:00pm
    Sat=9:00am-11:00am
    (**Closed 12-1 for lunch each day**)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

poor Bull, I hope he finds his forever home

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I saw a similar petfinder post in a canadian shelter - said the family was 'unable' to take the dog while the soldier went to afghanistan. You would think the family would step up and help out for a 6month rotation, but... people suck.

Bulls petfinder page says he was adopted. This is a little confusing because they typically remove the page once they're adopted. I think I will call Monday just to make sure.

His petfinder page is now unavailable I hope that means he was adopted.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Sad situation, sad sad sad. Poor old boy, he doesn't understand why he is there. I hope he has been adopted. :-\