Dumb question of the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question of the day.

DefaultDumb question of the day.

So, I have been told twice this week, once at the vet and once at the pet store. Vent comes in and says, "omg you're so cute. Look at that puppy head" Puppy head? Puppy head?! Then someone said that he had a puppy head at the pet store. I have kinda noticed it before too but not lately. When do their heads "fill out"? Weird question I know. I guess I'm looking for the mature look? Hes adorable either way

Edit: Ahh, guess I should tell you he is a little over 1½ and I think hes maxed out on his weight at 75lbs. Im probably expecting an "adult" too early

Guess this is a puppy head? haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dumb question of the day.

Genetics usually determine how much (or how little) a Labs head fills out. If he is from a show line, his head could take a couple of years to fill out. If he is from a field line, it won't fill out as much as a show type dogs will, but again it could take a couple of years. With pet bred Labs, it's a crapshoot. Asking your breeder and looking at your dogs parents will usually give you a good indication.

That said, many, many Labs retain that puppy look for years, if not for life. I had a family cooing over my "sweet puppy" a couple of weeks ago. They looked shocked when I told them that he was nearly five years old.

jan elaine Guest

Maybe they meant puppy head as in cute, cute, cute! ;D Being a girl that would make me happy. If your a guy it might be alittle embarrassing. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

His Dad was a wide guy which was one of the reason I bought him. He is from a show line. Guess it will just take a while :P My wife loves the puppy look and hope he never changes. Even though I like the wide look I don't mind either way :P

Gene Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MagsMom
    Maybe they meant puppy head as in cute, cute, cute! ;D Being a girl that would make me happy.
    OK, I'll make you happy...Puppy Head! ;D

Trickster is offline Senior Member

He is from a show line.
    Ask your breeder. They will know how long their lines take to mature.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I don't know about the genetic stuff, but that puppy head looks tooooo cute sporting those glasses!

Is he neutered?

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    Is he neutered?
    Of course

See, I am on the other side of this coin, I love the head on my Boy and keep telling myself, just wait until his body catches up with his head. Jake is almost 14 months, not neutered.
    Although, there are time when he totally has a puppy face. I think that is what makes Labs endearing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast