One Year Ago Today...............

Thread: One Year Ago Today...............

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne Year Ago Today...............

Breezy came into our lives and our hearts. And life has not been the same since! ;D We picked you up, Breezygirl, at the breeder's without having met you before; but had seen pictures of you that the breeder sent via email. You were one of a litter of 8. We knew we wanted a black female. The breeder had 3 black females left, but she wasn't sure which one she would be keeping. She emailed photos of the 3 black girls, and I was drawn to one of the other girls! But when I told her which one I had taken to, she warned me that she was a little ball of fire, the rowdiest in the bunch! She thought that since it would be our first lab, we might want to consider one of the other girls. Then, after many emails and phone conversations, the breeder told us which girl she'd be keeping. So! There was only YOU left. It was meant to be. We drove the 2 and a half hours to the breeder's, and I could barely wait to get there and meet you. It was very pretty country where you were born, and the breeder's house was cozy, all tucked in the woods, far from the main road. We didn't meet you right away, and it was killing me! First we sat down and filled out some paperwork, and the breeder answered all of our questions, etc. Then! She took us to the room you and your only remainding sibling were in, and of course your mama. (What a pretty mama, too!) And there you were----in your pen with your sister, all wiggly and waggly and happy! It was love at first sight! The breeder took you out of your pen and I got to hold you and it was one of the best feelings in the world! You were so excited and curious, and adorable! We finished up with the breeder, and I said goodbye to your sister, and your beautiful mama (who I quietly thanked for giving birth to you), and we went outside to the driveway where our truck was warming up. We waited in the truck while the breeder held you and said her goodbyes to you, and then we put you in your crate in the truck. We said goodbye to the breeder, and pulled out of the driveway, and for the next half hour or so you squealed and cried and yelped so badly and I felt AWFUL!! I almost started to squeal and cry too! Then you puked all over yourself and your crate, and I tried to clean it up and you tried to eat it. :-X Finally, you went to sleep and stayed that way until we got home. Once we got home, we brought you to the backyard, where you went potty right away, and we let you explore your new turf. It was very cold so we didn't let you stay out too long. Brought you inside and let you explore your new home. We had your new crate all set up in the kitchen, with lots of new toys and things. That night I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag right next to your crate so you wouldn't be afraid or too lonely. I didn't sleep that much that night, because I was so excited, and because I kept watching you, because you went out to potty a bunch of times, and because the kitchen floor was not real comfortable! And now, here we are, a year later. You have brought us more joy than we ever could have imagined. We love you so very much, Breezygirl............ :-*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: One Year Ago Today...............

Awwwwwwwww, what a sweet story. This made me sad though :
    for the next half hour or so you squealed and cried and yelped so badly
    She missed her sibling and Mama. It's amazing how quickly they get over it though, isn't it?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Awww.... Happy Gotcha day Breezy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Happy Gotcha Day.

Happy Gotcha Day!