DefaultIf you've been wanting a Dyson

Today is your day on WOOT.

http://www.woot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: If you've been wanting a Dyson

We just got a flyer to subscribe to Consumers Report. One of the teaser items in the flyer was a chot at the Dyson for, of all things, poor pet hair pickup from carpet. I forget which brand they were giving high marks to, but I remember the price being in the $150 range rather than the Dyson $500 range.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

It's probably the one I have that I love sooooooooooo much more than my Dyson. The Eureka Boss. I'm having a fight with my Dyson right now as the beater brush is full of HUMAN hair...not dog hair...so it's sucking up the dog hair but I guess I'm shedding and it doesn't know how to handle that!! LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I desperately need a new vacuum. I read the people who swear by the Dyson and the people who hate them and can't decide who to believe.

I should call Scott and tell him about this and see what he thinks. 219 isn't bad.

I personally love my Dyson (though I wish I'd gotten it for $219). We had Potter and a long haired cat when we got it and nothing worked. The Dyson works wonders! I still fill up the canister at least once vacuuming every week, but at least it takes it up! And if you let your animals on the furniture, the Dyson's furniture attachment works really well.

I have 2 dysons. One Animal Purple and one regular pink one. I love the Turquoise too. Ho hum... I don't need a third one. (I have upstairs and downstairs.)

I'll second the Eureka Boss - we have it, got it at Sears for around $150 (I think), and it works fabulously on pet hair.

I just checked Consumer Reports, and the Dyson animal got good marks for pet hair (4 stars our of five). Its overall score was 64/100.

The Dyson on sale at Woot is the DC07, which got a poor rating on pet hair (2 stars out of five). Its overall score was a 60/100.

The Eureka Boss got 5 stars out of 5 on pet hair, and a 68/100 overall.