Just Labradors banner

A Toshi Update 1/27/08 {lots of pics}

963 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  JackieN 
#1 ·
Another growth update on Toshi & below are also some images of X-Mas and the new Harness I bought her!

This is day 1 @6 weeks old ~ Toshi first experiencing a hardwood floor and very scared. The best location of all the images I have because of the steps she is next too!

Toshi @11 weeks old...

Toshi @15 weeks old...

Toshi @20weeks old...

Toshi @25weeks old...

Toshi's Weight:
@06 weeks ~ 07.8lbs
@09 weeks ~ 13.6lbs
@11 weeks ~ 17.5lbs
@13 weeks ~ 21.5lbs
@15 weeks ~ 25.5lbs
@17 weeks ~ 30.5lbs
@20 weeks ~ 35.0lbs
@22 weeks ~ 38.7lbs
@24 weeks ~ 42.2lbs
@25 weeks ~ 45.6lbs

Well time is flying by now and my little girl isn't so little anymore, but still not as big as I'm hoping for! Everything is going extremely well with Toshi. She is learning all her commands very well, listens to them and responds most times without hesitation inside controlled areas. Outside with other noises and people; it can be like talking to a brick wall...hehe. I have gotten her to listen extremely well when around other dogs that are barking when walking her! She will look at the dogs from the street behind fences but will never lung towards them and to this day Toshi has never barked once yet! She loves to play with and smell other dogs when at PetSmart or ones we meet when walking, but seems to ignore the ones behind fences...lol People atm are the biggest challenge we're working on, she **** near takes my arm off when anyone is within view. She wants to meet everyone, big and small. She will sometimes lung towards other dogs on leashes but not nearly as hard as towards other people. Lots of work yet on this issue!

Walking Toshi has been a work in progress but in the past few weeks I've noticed a major improvement with her staying by my side and not trying to go to far when I have the retractable leash unlocked! Since I got her its been a challenge getting her to walk when cars are passing or the noises in the distance. Shes always seemed to scruntch up beside me and not wanna move till its gone, but thats starting to pass. I've been walking her about 1-1.5 miles a day along busy streets and the fear of cars is finally starting to fade. Now I don't want her to ever lung towards them or chase one down, but shes not shying away as much anymore and continues her walking most times.

Over the past week I had noticed Toshi was scratching her right ear alot, and I was growing suspicious that she may have an ear infection and I didn't want that as my last dog had a horrible one in both ears. So I called the vet and made an appointment too have her looked at and make sure everything was ok. Unfortunately there was a small infection that had started inside her right ear but fortunately had not fully developed yet. I'm quite relieved to have caught this early.{In the images her ears are a little wet looking from the meds fyi} Its quite a pain getting her to sit still too stick that application in and apply it, but I'm managing for the most part....getting her when shes still sleepy in the morning! She has a follow up visit on Feb 5th and I'll report back on her condition.

Great news I'd like to report! Its been 5 weeks now since Toshi has done anything inside, and I now believe her to be completely house broken! She is giving me extremely clear signals to go out by pulling on my sleeves, scratching at the sliding glass door, running towards the door, etc. She lets me sleep throughout the entire night and doesn't attempt to wake me!{Its pretty amusing though as she will lay on the couch across the room from me with an level view of my eyes. When I do open mine in the morning she comes bounding over and jumps on my chest and starts licking me furiously to help me wake then rushes for the door!} ...and not once have I ever used a crate with her and I never will!

I love this image with her paw up on her gift!

Almost got it ripped open!

3 images of Toshi's new harness....she still has alot of growing into it, but I had to get it now! Toshi is getting very strong and pulls alot towards other people and I didn't like her being choked constantly. I can also control her easier with this harness than her collar!

I love this image of her so much, just took it this evening!

Thanks for showing an interest in Toshi, and I'll see ya again around another major growth spurt!

See less See more
#4 ·
She's very cute!

Toshi said:
[/i] ...and not once have I ever used a crate with her and I never will!
This is just ignorance to me. When you bring her to the vet to be spayed, she will be crated and her stress will be magnified because she's not used to it. If you ever need to travel...with you-she should be in a crate in a hotel....without you-she will be contained.

Toshi is getting very strong and pulls alot towards other people and I didn't like her being choked constantly.
A harness will only incourage her pulling because she can put her whole body into it. Try an obedience class and teach her to walk properly on a leash, then use a collar if you're into that look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.