Rainbow Bridge Questions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Bridge Questions

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

DefaultRainbow Bridge Questions

Until I joined an Internet Forum I had not heard of the Rainbow Bridge. I would appreciate it if some of you would share your perspective regarding a couple questions I have for a paper I am writing.

Is the RB for dogs only?

Or Dogs and Cats?

Or any animal that passes?

Do people who believe in the Bridge consider the RB to be Dog/Animal Heaven?

Are there people there also?

TIA. Pat
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rainbow Bridge Questions

I think the Rainbow Bridge is a lovely and comforting notion for humans; that their animals have a rather special place, a Nirvana unique unto themselves. All God's non-homosapiens allowed.

My belief? When our animals die, their souls go to the same place human souls do. Call it heaven, call it the "hereafter". I kind of take stock in the occidental religions in that regard... you only progress to the next level, whether it's dirt or water or air or wind... all our bits evolve to the next required level.

Gawd... did I just write that? Yeah.... I did.

Seamus and Flynn

brody is offline Senior Member

Is the RB for dogs only?

nope

Or Dogs and Cats?

nope

Or any animal that passes?

YUP

Do people who believe in the Bridge consider the RB to be Dog/Animal Heaven?

I am not qualified to answer this question on many levels but I would say the people I know with the strongest belief in the lovely idea of rainbow bridge certainly consider it a better place, a joyous place and a place without suffering - I think that aligns with many people's thoughts of heaven

Are there people there also?

the concept of being reunited is important to the rainbow bridge ... really many feel the rainbow bridge is happy place where animals wait for their humans before heading off to heaven (or whatever comes after the bridge)
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I think the Rainbow Bridge is a lovely and comforting notion for humans; that their animals have a rather special place
    Yep....I never heard of it before until my dog passed away. It helps to know other people believe their animals will live on...where ever that place may be.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I heard of the Rainbow Bridge when Callie passed in '05, but not from this forum, from her vet. I'm sure there are all kinds of beliefs on the Bridge and some don't believe in it at all, and it's all very personal. The belief is that any animal will go there and be pain free. I know this poem has been posted here on JL, but here is another link to it:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

In my mind, when I leave this earth, I will once again see Callie and she will be pain and cancer free, as she still holds a huge part of my heart. Riley has joined me here and has her own place in my heart. My cat Simba also has his own place here in my heart. One day I hope to see all my fur babies again, across the Bridge.

I've also heard that our beloved pets who have passed have not really crossed the Bridge. They wait at a blissful place with others, pain free. Their humans who loved them eventually leave earth and they both cross the bridge together. I wonder about this theory, because as sad as it is, there are many animals who never had the opportunity to have a human love them here on earth...what happens to them?

Other thoughts?

brody is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kathy5475
    I wonder about this theory, because as sad as it is, there are many animals who never had the opportunity to have a human love them here on earth...what happens to them?
    Other thoughts?
    there is a great modified version for rescuers and rescue animals out there

I have never thought about what happens to the animals who have never had a gentle hand or been loved at all - hopefully they too go to happy place perhaps people free.. I really don't have my personal conception of what happens to ME down pat - you are stretching my tired brain here
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

jan elaine Guest

I also heard of the bridge from my vet when Amber died in '06. He gave me the poem along with a personal card with her ashes. At the time just thinking of the poem made me cry because I missed her so much. Now it gives me peace. I believe she is waiting for me. Healthy and happy. We will be together again one day in heaven.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I hadn't heard of it either until I came in here. Knowing Kassa was there with other treasured dogs waiting for their owners helped me deal with loosing her.

I fancifully presumed it is a bridge where our beloved pets waited for us when it was our turn to pass on and then we would go to where ever it is we were headed.
    I am sure it wouldn't be like the one we have come from and animals without humans in this world would have humans to share in the next.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

labby is offline Senior Member

Don't believe in a RB. I believe animals go to Heaven to be with their Creator.

Laura

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I believe in the Rainbow Bridge. I had never heard of it until I got very involved in dog rescue. Here is a version by Donald Vann, a renouned Cherokee artist. He painted this after his Beagle passed away.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast