Vomit W/Lotts of toys in it?

Thread: Vomit W/Lotts of toys in it?

DefaultVomit W/Lotts of toys in it?

Well, this morning when I went to let Sammy out of his crate I noticed a large pile of vomit in the corner half covered with his blanket. So I let him outside and went back to inspect...yes it was vomit and it was mainly a pile of chewed up toys. Mostly a fleece type rope thing we gave him recently and he chewed it to pieces but their were a few other bits of toys that have been gone for over a month. Sammy is a heavy chewer so we have went to tougher toys such as Nylabones, Kongs and Tennis balls. I am worried over all of this and my question is how can you tell if he has a blockage internally? He seems fine but obviously this soft ball size pile of toys didnt agree with him or he wouldnt have thrown them up. Should I schedule an appointment with the Vet or just keep an eye on him? Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Sean....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Vomit W/Lotts of toys in it?

You did the right thing to limit his toys to nylabones and kongs - things too large to be swallowed whole. I believe that if there is a blockage, there will be no poop and they vomit everything they eat.

bibber is offline Senior Member

I've gone through four blockages with my Sam, but he likes eating rocks. : You will know if there is a blockage because he wouldn't be able to keep any food down (or he's not pooping). With my Sam, it was very obvious within about 12 hours that he was very sick. He went from vomiting once and acting fine to vomiting every time he tried to drink a little water. Chances are your Sammy threw up whatever he had in there, but just keep a close eye on him for the next few days, and be sure not to give him any softer toys unsupervised. We can only have kongs and durable nylabones here too (be sure not to give the flexible nylabones).

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies everyone! So far he is eating fine and hasnt thrown up anything else. I will keep a close eye on him to make sure all is well. I just ordered a few more durable nylabones and a nylabone big chew for him to play with since we took all of his other toys away (he didnt have much left haha).