Dog Training Class: I was just observing.... it was a treat!

Thread: Dog Training Class: I was just observing.... it was a treat!

DefaultDog Training Class: I was just observing.... it was a treat!

As some of you know I bring home my new pup in about one month. For the past two months I have been priming myself w/ all the information I can absorb from pedigree, nutrition, health, and I am still feeling like I need to do more.... lol- as you would think 4 months would give any reasonably normal person enough time to get/feel prepared. I am more nervous now than I was when I got my first puppy 20 some years ago! Man this is stressful... ;D

I went to a local trainer's class today to evaluate her style, experience, etc... She was Great!, Corally Burmaster, the author/producer of the dvd Puppy Kindergarten which I found on Dogwise.com and loved the dvd for training. Well I walked away from there today feeling extremely blessed- it was from a couple things- being close to such an experienced trainer and to get to work w/ her, but today was such an amazing day. Today was one of the first days I have spent w/ dogs since Maggie passed away in November. All the students dogs were great and many of them let me feed/treat them as I introduced myself to them and their dogs. One ironic thing was there was not one Lab in the class, I guess b/c Labs are so darned good they don't need classes- ;D

I wanted to share this w/ my Lab family here- You just don't know what you miss until it is gone.... It still brings tears to not have Maggie here w/ me. Thanks for everyone's support over the past months- I don't know how I would be able to keep my head if it weren't for all the people who have come along w/ their encourgement, advice, and words of comfort.

Thanks-

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Training Class: I was just observing.... it was a treat!

(((hugs))) Good for you, Doug, in taking so many great steps before getting your puppy. Glad you are going to be using such a great trainer.

We totally understand about still getting teary over missing Maggie. Bill and I still miss our Shadow and I get teary over her quite often, and we lost her in April.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I'm so excited for you ......... glad you liked the trainer. Is she on her own or with a club?
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

How I wish I took the time you have in preparing for a new pup. How I wish I knew of JL. But i have been working it hard and think I have turned out okay for her. More work to do though.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Hi Linda,
    Thank you. She teaches on her own, but at the facility "A Click Above" in Leesburg. I will see you in March-

Best,

Doug

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Doug, when you said you just don't know what you've got until it's gone...no truer words were ever spoken.

I remember losing Crash, and in the month before we got Angus I spent most of my spare time at the Humane Association. I found it so comforting to give love to those dogs. So, I can understand how today felt for you.

Good for you for finding a good trainer! But I have to correct one thing you said: The reason there were no Labs in the class is because they embarrassed their owners so badly, they're too humiliated to come back.

*snicker*

Good luck in your classes and with your new pup!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Endo- from all I've read, HK has a wonderful life- with all the dog park adventures you guys have together and not to mention the snow!

Thanks for the wishes AngusFangus-