Only one more day to go

Thread: Only one more day to go

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultOnly one more day to go

in this hunting season. We wait so long for it to come around each year and suddenly it's all over. :-\

Here was Cappy looking skyward in the cold foggy morning as I was picking up decoys. He was hoping maybe just maybe one more duck might come play with us ...

Back home Ria and Cappy pose with their day's harvest ...

Wait ... wait for me Dad! Can I pose with a mallard? Can I huh, Can I???

Uhhh, Rem ... I think you may have dropped something?

Pick it up ...

Ok get back up here and pose with it ...

Sheesh ... whata Ham!
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Only one more day to go

Doesn't it go by so fast!! Our duck season in WI was done awhile ago but I know how quickly it comes & goes for Bailey & my DH.
    Fun pics - love the duck falling one!!

toyland444 is offline Senior Member

Poor dawgs...what are they gonna do? I enjoyed the pics you have posted during this hunting season.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Beautiful 1st pic - Carol take that? There's something really haunting, special about that one.

Seamus and Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    Beautiful 1st pic - Carol take that? There's something really haunting, special about that one.
    Yes, all the better photos are Carol's.

This is the one that absoultely haunts me, Nance. It's as if he's looking back over the years ...

Carol also got a couple nice pics at that same time of Remi on her own, and then the two of them together. You wouldn't believe what we have to go through to get their attention focused like this!

Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

This one is Carol's favorite because all three of her dawgs are in the picture.

I tell her I don't care for it much because it makes Remi look like a mini-Lab ... and she's anything but that at 83 lbs of solid (well somewhat-solid) muscle.

Oh, and speaking of foggy mornings, Carol was in her blind and got this pic of Ria peeking out from her pit blind about 75 yards away.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Beautiful dogs, beautiful pictures, beautiful scenery, and to a non-hunter that knows nothing about it, it appears that you had a pretty nice season. I think duck season here in MN is 4 weeks or less. Atl east that is as long as I recall hearing the guns from the dog park.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

What great pictures, but I especially like the one of Ria peeking out! Oh and the one of you with Cappy looking to the sky. And the one of Cappy looking back through the years. Yep, those are my favorites. ;D