Does anyone wake up with things in their bed...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone wake up with things in their bed...

JustineNYC Guest

DefaultDoes anyone wake up with things in their bed...

that werent there when you fell asleep? LOL

Dale used to be real bad about this when he was a puppy. I let him sleep in a doggie bed next to my bed when I first got him, and the first two mornings I woke up, I found the entire apartment at my feet.

Five years later and I wake up with boots and pots and pans next to my head. Everything in the house has to be kept above waist level because he is absolutely compulsive about having things in his mouth.

Shoes, remotes, bowls, rugs, clothing, pillows. Everything but dog toys.

I used to wake up when he was a puppy and pretend to still be asleep and watch him bop into the room, drop something beside the bed, leave, and come back 2 seconds later with something else.

Im afraid i thought this was so cute as a baby, I never nipped it. He doesnt destroy these items, he just steals them and doesnt want to give them back.

I know their called 'retrievers' but to be considered retrieving, dont ya have to give it back? And doesnt the item have to be lost in the first place? LOL

Anyone elses Lab do this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone wake up with things in their bed...

Sadly, no - our boys are not into carrying anything. Shadow used to carry her stuffed animals everywhere, or a soft frisbee, but she didn't steal other items.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

My two labs HAVE to carry my socks outside every morning....and leave them there! Doing laundry means doing a yard sweep first.

My first lab was notorious for going out to the barn and bringing in horse buns and putting them in a pile by the bed, couch...anywhere I was...but thankfully, never in the bed.
    Aren't surprises great?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

All four of mine usually sleep through the night, but sometimes I wake up with a toy or nylabone in bed.

fender only steals socks. he never chews them or destroys them, just kinda mouths them while making funny monkey sounds. thankfully he doesn't really bring them outside, but once this summer i found a pair of my underwear outside that he had stolen from my basket of just-washed laundry. ??? glad i found them first!

Nellie has never stolen anything. She does like to carry her toys around though.

labby is offline Senior Member

Rolled over on a Nylabone just this morning.

Laura

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

This morning I had the chewed up Nylabone at my feet and a squeaky frog by my head :P
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Tsina isn't allowed on the bed or inside my mom's room (where i sleep) so nothing like that... But EVERY time i come back from school or get something in the car downstairs (she comes with me off leash) then back up she would DEMAND to bring something up with her weather its a stuff toy i bring to school or something from shopping ANYTHING as long as she carries something with her (guess she wants to help with the stuff) and if i dont give her anything she would jump on me till i give up and almost fall off the stairs or get something from my hands herself... Also when she goes for walks she would go crazy if you don't let her carry her leash on her mouth going up or going down the stairs... If you dont follow what she says then she would either jump on you/get the leash from your hand/bark like crazy... But thankfully when she gets to the ground floor she just lets go of it and looks at you as if saying "Okay... you have it now!" :P I have a weird dog

I'm a pretty light sleeper so I usually wake up right away when I hear movement (Bailey sleeps on her bed in our room) - but I do wake up to wet nose in my face that wasn't there when I fell asleep some days!!!
    The only thing Bailey loves to "carry" is a pair of my husband's wool socks. She's never chewed them, just loves to prance around with them until she's caught!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast